Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday

Time flies, we being parents for 12 good years and is really hard to believe that. Such a long time and yet seems so fast that my son is already 12 and my daughter is 7. Yes by God's grace, both are born on the same day same month. Somehow, I think God wanted this to be really special for me as my birthday is also on 23rd. LOLz. As I was sick, I did not have time to prepare any cake for them this year. Instead, we opted for a simple luncheon that our kids love. P suggested this place as it serves really good xiao long bao (小笼包) which supposedly to be better than our usual restaurant but we have to be early to beat the lunch time crowd. It took us quite a while to find. The shop is old and service wasn't fantastic and the menu is really limited. Photobucket The AC didn't work really well as the shop started to get crowded but I must say the food is good. Perhaps all the dumplings served are freshly made upon order. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket As for desserts, we had pancakes and glunitous rice ball that were freshly made too. Though I find the red bean filling a little to the sweet side, but I love the crispiness of the crust. Photobucket As for the glutinous rice ball, it was so good. Every ball has a different filling and the soup is just sweet enough with a mild rose scented. It was awesome. Photobucket Despite the 炸酱面 (forgotten to take a picture) and the Sweet and Soup soup that is not really fantastic, the rest of the menu was really good. After this meal, our favourite haunt for Xiao Long Bao will be changed to this one. Forget about the place, forget about the attitude, just go for these lovely dumplings is all I care. Even kids agree to that. I will be around that area again next Sat for princess's dress fittings. Wondering whether R and S wanted to have a go at this. Happy Birthday my little prince and princess. Mommy loves you dearest.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I would also like to know where is this restaurant? My family loves to eat dumplings :-)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jer and Kae :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I agreed with you that the foods are really nice but the people working in the restaurant have real bad attitude so my hubby would not want to go there to eat even though the foods are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Prince and Princess!

    Very convenient too to have their birthdays on the same day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PM and Charmaine, this restaurant is located along 21 Neil Rd.

    Thanks AK, Little Hands and Beau Lotus for your well wishes.

    Yes these two babies are God sent ... maybe he wants to make my little easier by blessing them to me on the same day. hehehe... which coincidentally, my bday also falls on 23rd but different mths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PM and Charmaine, this restaurant is located along 21 Neil Rd.

    Thanks AK, Little Hands and Beau Lotus for your well wishes.

    Yes these two babies are God sent ... maybe he wants to make my little easier by blessing them to me on the same day. hehehe... which coincidentally, my bday also falls on 23rd but different mths.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin