Saturday, August 01, 2009

Challenges

My next on the list is Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Topping. This is also this month's Sweet and Simple Bakes chosen recipe.

I just adore Marie and Rosie's recipe pick. It is such fuss free recipe that I believe any one can managed it perfectly. In fact, this recipe doesn’t even need any gadget to make it.

Though I wish I can participate on a monthly basis but sometime, time is a major factor.

My dear son just started his preliminary examination and we are hoping that he will put in his best shots so that at least he knows where he stands for his PSLE.

Thus my major focus for these two months will be on this dear little precious. After that, hey it will be mommy's turn to chill out and relax.

In the meantime, if you like Carrot cake just like me, do try this. It is really very delicious and it is perfect for any celebration or simply an afternoon tea.

Definitely I am keepingt this wonderful recipe.

Photobucket

Serves 12
What you need:

180g self-raising (self-rising) flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
Pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
½ tsp mixed spice (Pumpkin pie spice)
2 eggs 150 ml (5 fl oz) vegetable or sunflower oil
200g soft light or dark brown sugar
300g grated carrots
100g sultanas
75g walnuts, chopped (optional)

Cream Cheese Icing

75g (3 oz) cream cheese
75g (3 oz) softened butter
125g (4½ oz) icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract

For Decoration Sprinkles or walnut halves - optional

You will need a 13cm x 23cm (5 in x 9 in) loaf tin, oil and line the loaf tin with greaseproof paper.

Method

Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas mark 2.

Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl and leave aside.

Beat the eggs in a large bowl, now add the oil, brown sugar, grated carrot, sultanas and chopped walnuts.

Stir in all sifted dry ingredients and bring the mixture together with a wooden spoon.

Turn into the prepared tin, smooth the top of the mixture and bake in the oven for 1 – 1¼ hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.

To make The Cream Cheese Frosting:

Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl until combined.

Add the vanilla extract, icing sugar and mix to combine.

Using a palette knife, spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cooled cake.

Add the sprinkles or walnut halves if desired.

Served cut into slices.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Hi Edith, WOW - oh my goodness your carrot cake looks divine and I adore those little fondant carrots on the top :0)

    Many thanks for taking part in our monthly bake at Sweet and Simple Bakes. I do hope you will join us again in our next bake.

    Best wishes Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith

    Your carrot cake looks beautiful and I adore the fondant carrots adorning your delish cake!

    Thanks for joining us and hope you will continue to join us at Sweet and Simple Bakes.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks delicious. I love how you decorated it. I wasn't able to bake the cake this month as my baking supplies are still making their way slowly by boat overseas. What a cake to have missed out on. You did such a nice job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how your cake looks and I love that cute little carrot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks great and I love the little carrots on the top : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your cake looks gorgeous - and I would like to join in with everyone else and say how much I'm loving the little carrots on top - did you make those yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin