Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yearning

I haven't been baking a chiffon cake for the longest time. Don't ask me why? Actually besides Pandan Chiffon, I love chiffon cakes. I like the light texture and it doesn't give you the "heavy" taste like a sponge or a pound cake so you can easily finished half a cake by yourself. In fact, I wanted to buy a reputable recipe book by a Japanese lady but I really need to make sure this is what I wanted as I don't really know how to read Chinese recipes. The terms confused me. From what I understand, different country has their own way of naming the ingredients. Anyway, just by luck, I found this particular book in the library and guess what, as usual, there are many torn pages!!!!! This is so darn irritating!!!!!! I guess you might have already read about my frustration some time back but I really need to voice it out again!!! "Damn to whoever the selfish pig you are. If you really wanted it why can't you just photocopy it!!! ! it is only 3 cents!!!!!!". I just don’t get this as it is ALWAYS the Chinese recipes that gone missing…. arrrgh .... pissed! Enough of my ranting, I think I lost touch with chiffon. Though the Chocolate Chiffon tasted good, I believe I didn't do it correctly. The whole cake dropped out of the tin when I wanted to turn it over to cool. Luckily, damaged done was really minimal. I shared this with JY and CO and both like it but I am still not fully satisfied with it. Back to the drawing board and hopefully I will get it the next time. In the meantime, expect more Chiffon cakes. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. You probably need to bake it a little longer to dry it out. I had the similar experience of the cake dropping out but after baking it bit longer with slightly lower temp, they came out ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably need to bake it a little longer to dry it out. I had the similar experience of the cake dropping out but after baking it bit longer with slightly lower temp, they came out ok :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin