Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wrong timing

My son is in the morning session and he gets up about 6:15am. Usually he will have a sandwich either with Nutella or Peanut Butter or Ham and Cheese and followed by a cup of milk. After seeing

All That Matters's fluffy pancake, I am inspired to make some Blueberry Fluffy Pancake for my kid's breakfast but I just couldn't get up to prepare for son and also I picked the wrong timing as my girl usually get up late on Tuesday as she goes to bed late every Monday night because of taekwondo class.

Of late, the blueberries are so cheap that it is hard to resist not loading a few boxes home. As it is full of nutrients, I encourages my kids to eat them as snacks.

I am relatively surprised that although it is at a discount, it isn't sour at all.

Actually I am so glad to be able to enjoy this fruit at a decent price. In the past, strawberries too are expensive and through time and the savvy of supermarket purchasers, we get to enjoy these berries at a much lower price.

Let's hope some day, raspberries and other exotic fruits will be easily affordable for us to enjoy them as well. So instead of serving this as breakfast, I am giving Blueberry Fluffy pancake to the girl for her afternoon snack.

Photobucket

What you need:

100g self raising flour
2 tbsp castor sugar
a pinch of salt
2 eggs, separated
75ml milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method

Sift flour into a mixing bowl, stir in sugar and salt and mix well.

Add egg yolks, milk, vanilla essence and oil.

Stir till you get a smooth batter.

Whisk egg white till stiff.

Stir in 1/4 of the egg whites to the batter and then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.

Heat a non stick frying pan and brush lightly with melted butter.

Drop a tablespoon of batter onto the frying pan.

Swirl round to form a cicle.

When bubbles appear, flip the pancake and cook till it is golden brown.

Serve hot.
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. If your recipe of pancake does not have baking soda, you can actually make it ahead and leave it in the fridge overnight. It will turn a little greyish the next day but give it a stir around and it is absolutely safe and alright to use. Just some tips from the book, 'How To Be A Domestic Goddess' by Nigella. Her recipe for that has baking powder and that is also okay to be left chilled in fridge overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm they look very good. I may try them this week too, I have some strawberries I need to use up that I might try in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess berries are in the season, pancakes looks lovely! i too made some blueberry muffins the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my first time visit your blog, you have a nice blog, I will explore more later. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I have passed the Kreativ Blogger Award to you. Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicchicbaby, it is indeed yummy.

    Quinn, thanks for dropping. I will take note of your advice. Can't wait to have fresh pancake in the morning.

    Heather, mmmm... strawberries equally good.

    Parita, I love blueberry muffins. Got to find more way to use blueberries now.

    Mary thanks for dropping by.

    Thanks Sonia for dropping by. Glad you like it.

    Wen, thanks for the award. I will work on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my first time visit your blog, you have a nice blog, I will explore more later. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess berries are in the season, pancakes looks lovely! i too made some blueberry muffins the other day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin