Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Procrastinating no more

I bought a packet of mochi premix flour from L long time ago. I seriously don't know whether it is still edible as there isn't any expiry date on it.

I procrastinated on this also because I lost the recipe that came with it. Even though I saw it on several blogs but it didn't motivated me enough.

Last week, I had the chance to be in my favourite bakery and I quickly grabbed a few to satisfy my yearning. This indeed spurred me to bake some on my own. Nevertheless, I took the risk as I really don't want to waste this precious pack. Yes my one and only premix pack of mochi flour.

Somehow it seems so difficult to get hold. I have asked friends who visited Taiwan or Hongkong to look out for it but in vain, perhaps they don't bake thus they don't know where to look for it.

Anyway, at long last this packet of mochi flour is put into good use. Unfortunately it wasn’t like those in the bakery. Initially, it was rock hard but after cooling down, it turned a little softer but I was expecting something chewy like store bought but in the end, I was disappointed. Could it be I kept it too long? or Perhaps the proportion of the premix is different from the one I found on the internet.

Whatever it is, I am glad this didn’t go to waste but this might be my last attempt to bake mochi bread. Well this is because, recently W gave me a recipe that allows us to baked from scratch but it seems that one or two of the component is not available in Singapore.

Let’s hope one fine day, some baking guru will be able to reveal this secret recipe of this mochi flour and be able to make it more accessible for home baker like me who adores this mochi bread.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. This bread seem very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you're still trying this. I've given it up since the last round of crazy testing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm always wanted to look for the mochi bread recipe to do from scratch because I couldn't find the premix in Penang. I've been looking for it for a long time and I see some hopes here when you say you've the recipe for mochi bread without using premix! Can you share the recipe with me please? This is my email joelene88@hotmail.com Thanks a lot!! :) Truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary.

    WF, I am still into this craze just that I buy it instead. hahaha... Still searching for "THE" recipe.

    Joe-Lene, my friend is still helping me to get an answer from the publisher as there are two of the ingredients that I don't understand what is it. Hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot! Hopefully we will get to know the recipe soon! I'm so looking forward to it :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Edith, did you finally succeed with this? I just bought two packets of premix flour from Hong Kong but would like to see if anyone has succeeded from scratch.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edith, did you finally succeed with this? I just bought two packets of premix flour from Hong Kong but would like to see if anyone has succeeded from scratch.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't unfortunately. Far from those in Sun Moulin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin