Monday, July 20, 2009

The nicest

I have seen many different type of sport coaches but for this one, I find her a rare gem.

I chanced upon this lady who is coaching Taekwondo from a community club three years ago. At first glance, she seems so mild and gentle to be a Taekwondo coach. In fact, I had my doubt that she can "control" my "out of control" son then. Surprisingly after a month, I was getting NO ear ache at all. In fact, she was all praised for my son. The bonding she made with her students are amazing and best of all, the kids enjoyed her training.

When competitions are drawing near, she will encouraged her students to come for more practise and with no additional cost! She will find vacant parking lots to train the kids. Thus I was not surprised that her club is one of the top 3 in the nation.

Unlike many clubs that I witnessed, the students are sore losers but for her club, the members are well mannered and good sportmanship which is so important for a sportsman. Though we wanted our son who has such great passion for this game to pursue further.

Sad to say, Taekwondo wasn't recognised much by Singapore. Yes, Singapore Sports School does not have this as their programme.

With a recent freaked accident, I really hope parents will not stopped their kids if they have the passion.

So as an encouragement for this wonderful coach, I baked her a blue berry chiffon cake. As I was telling you, I borrowed this chiffon cake book from the library.

The steps looks so simple and easy. For this particular recipe, some how I know something was wrong.

The egg yolk batter after adding in the oil, initially seems okay but once I added in the flour, everything went wrong. It was so thick that I had problem removing it from the whisk. Thus when I add in the first batch of egg white, I was making sure that it will blend in well before adding the remaining egg white.

All went well after but ...... Unfortunately, my chiffon cake turned out really really ugly. Nevertheless, let's hope she still likes it.

This is for her.

Photobucket

This is for my family.

Photobucket

Now who still dares to eat this ugly piece of cake? Haiz..... I just need to keep on trying till I get it.

I am going to write down the recipe, I strongly believe the author missed out the water but then again, I might be wrong.

Adapted from Chiffon Cake Book - 44 recipes

What you need:

5 egg yolks
95g blueberry jam
65ml salad oil
130g cake flour
7 egg whites
80g castor sugar
80g frozen blueberries (coat with flour)

Note: I strongly suspect the water portion is missing from here.

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a ungreased 20 cm chiffon cake pan.

Beat egg yolks with jam till well mixed.

Add in salad oil and incorporate it into the batter.

Add in flour and whisk till it is glossy. Set aside.

Whisk egg white and sugar till stiff.

Add 1/3 of egg white to egg yolk batter and followed by the remaining egg white.

Add in frozen berries and mixed evenly.

Pour into cake pan and bake for 40mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. I dare to eat. haha! save a piece for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, I find this similar to another recipe on Chiffon cake I did. If there is oil used in the batter, the egg yolk batter will be difficult to mix with egg white. But when milk is use, its soft and light. Since then, I stop using the one with oil, just subs it with milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith, check out the pics and video on the Kenwood Flexibeater. It's similar to the beaterblade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith, check out the pics and video on the Kenwood Flexibeater. It's similar to the beaterblade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, I find this similar to another recipe on Chiffon cake I did. If there is oil used in the batter, the egg yolk batter will be difficult to mix with egg white. But when milk is use, its soft and light. Since then, I stop using the one with oil, just subs it with milk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin