Thursday, July 30, 2009

Addicted?

Lately I yearned to bake so much that I think I am addicted to it. Well it is good news rather than bad right? At least I am not addicted to gambling. LOLz.

It is definitely easier on the pocket than shopping or spa. These days I also refrain from e-bay shopping. I realised that the list of toys that I wish for is never ending. They will always be new cutters, new moulds and new books.

If I don't exercise self control, I think I will need a subscription to a storage hub to house all my toys.

Believe me, I do know of someone whose husband rented a warehouse space for his wife so that she can store all her stuff resulted from her shopping craze. Definitely I don’t want to end up like that for my craze. LOLz.

I wanted that extra money for our holidays. Hahahah. Today I yearn to bake again but yet I was feeling really shitty.

I had a very bad back ache yesterday. Blame it on wrong judgement. I was doing sugar crafting standing up!!!

Thus by evening, I was practically dead and my back has this wobbly feel as I couldn't stand tall. Still on painkiller so now I am in between the zombie stage and yet feeling restless.

I decided to bake to snap myself out of the stage. Seeing Anita's Steam Horlick Cake, it was way too tempting not to try it.

I simply love Horlick so I went for this one. When I baked I need to stay 1oo% focus. I wasn't myself so I did a blunder, a big mistake that kept me praying that the cake will rise and be good enough to eat.

Definitely don't want to waste a block of butter as well as eggs! Phew, luckily it was nice and fluffy and the tutor said it was delicious.

Thanks A for sharing this wonderful recipe. Next round, I just simply need to stay focus.

Photobucket

What you need:

250 gm Butter , room temperature
120 gm Castor Sugar
5 Eggs (S or M)
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Mix together :

120gm Condensed Milk with
50gm Strawberry Jam
70 gm Horlick
130 gm Plain flour )
1 tsp Baking Powder ) Sift together

Method :

Set a steamer filled with enough water and preheat at medium high fire . Line and grease a 8 inch round pan.

Cream butter and sugar at high speed till light and fluffy (about 3 or 4 mins)

Add in one egg at a time and continue to cream till well blended.

At low speed add in strawberry paste and blend well.

Still at low speed add in the condensed milk mixture and blend till mixture is smooth.

Fold in the horlick and sifted flour , stir will a spatula till well blended

Spoon the batter into cake pan and cover the top losely with a piece of aluminuin foil.

Steam at medium high fire for 50 till 60 mins.

Cool cake on rack before cutting.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Hey Edith

    Txs for sharing the recipe.

    Hope you back is better. My lower back muscles went into spasm in April and after months of physio and exercise (taught by physio), I am finally free from pain.

    Do take care :)

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ange,

    Spasm sounds serious, I hope you are good and strong now.

    I got to restart on my swimming. Been really really lax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling much better. I am obsessed with baking gadgets too and I keep buying it until I ran out of place in the kitchen to put it. Now my hubby bought me some huge plastic containers to store all of them at the basement. I guess we can't stop ourselves from buying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling much better. I am obsessed with baking gadgets too and I keep buying it until I ran out of place in the kitchen to put it. Now my hubby bought me some huge plastic containers to store all of them at the basement. I guess we can't stop ourselves from buying it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin