Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Meeting strangers?

In the past, I formed friendship with colleagues, my suppliers and my clients. Now that I am a homemaker, how does one's homemaker form new friendship? When my little girl was still in kindergarten, I have good friendship built with mommies hanging out at the kinder. Now that she is finally in mainstream school. I have lesser contact with strangers as I have yet to volunteer in her school. The only way is to “meet up” with strangers is in the forums or blogs. Just like pen pal. We started corresponding via msn, yahoo or email. After sometime, I am eager to meet up. I guess putting a face to a communication brings us closer. Sometime it works out to a beautiful friendship but sometime it doesn't as I have blogged about it before. I am glad that I actually overcome that phobia and now my friendships that I formed these past months have been good and sincere. Just like MB who comes to Singapore to visit her grand daughters on a monthly visit. I am glad that we meet up and I feel so comfortable with her. I learnt so much from this dynamic lady. Though she is so capable yet she is humble. I felt at ease with such personality. She has been encouraging me to try out Fondant Cookies and promised that I will find great fun out of it. True enough, this afternoon, I done these with my kids. Not only I am able to keep them away from the urge to watch TV, I think it was a good afternoon of bonding time. My little one is a little disappointed as she finds the MMF too sticky to handle. Nevertheless, the Chocolate MMF that we experienced for the first time, tasted really awesome, my son can’t control sticking bits and pieces into his mouth despite my warning. Thanks MB, true to what you said. It was definitely an enjoyable experience and delicious too. Even my helper likes it. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I agree totally with meeting up new friends through blogging . i love it now.

    Not started on cooking & baking cos my new house will only be ready 3rd quarter of this year. So wish me luck then. Will try some of your recipes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with meeting up new friends through blogging . i love it now.

    Not started on cooking & baking cos my new house will only be ready 3rd quarter of this year. So wish me luck then. Will try some of your recipes for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin