Sunday, June 28, 2009

Addiction?

I have been neglecting my blog because I am so involved in my Farm Town. In real life, this can only be a dream but it is made possible in cyber world. Thanks to RV for introducing me to this cyber game on Facebook. I got hooked. Well not really as I still need to "watch over" my kids and my commitment to Cupcake Fantasies too. Time flies and there is only 3 months to my son's first important milestone - PSLE. I really hope that he will mature in time to realised that this milestone will play a big part for his future. After speaking to, many of my friends, I have actually revised my plan B for him. A hard decision but I guess it will be a safer and better environment for him. Knowing my son's personality, I seriously doubt he will be able to handle complicated situation. Anyway enough said, for this quarter, I will be really have to walk hand in hand with him for this part of the journey. Hopefully it will help him to focus better and excel. Whatever it is, at the end of the day, he too needs to put in the effort to make it work. My oven has been lying cold for nearly a week and I just needed to warm it up a little. Since hubby is going away, I too wanted to bake MA something. She has been really a kind lady to us. So let's hope MA likes these cuppies that I prepared. Hubby didn't want to hand carry the cupcakes so I got no choice but to leave it "naked". This Honey Almond cake is really delicious, the nice honey aroma as well as the almond bits blend in so well. Thanks C for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. I will definitely going to bake this again. Photobucket (recipe adapted from ccyn) What you need: 135g almond meal 125g plain flour 1.5 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 170g unsalted butter at room temperature 150g honey 100g sugar *divide into two portion 3 eggs (separates) 1/2 tsp vanilla essence 1/2 tsp almond essence Method Preheat the oven to 175˚C. Line muffin tin. Cream butter, honey and 50g of sugar till light and fluffy. Add in essences. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat at low speed till incorporated. Switch to med speed and continue for another 10 mins. Add in flour mixture in 3 parts to the batter. Beat at low speed till combined. Set aside. Whisk egg whites with sugar till soft peak. Gently fold in the egg whites into the yolk batters in 3 parts. Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 20 – 30 mins. I also baked a brownie as I was craving for one. The last one I done was for a gathering and I didn't even really get a chance to have a decent bit to it. So I went and bake one for ourselves. Besides the previous brownie, I usually overbaked my brownie. I have to remember hard to lower down the temperature the next round. Which I believe is pretty soon because my dearest son is crazy over this. Perhaps it is the chocolate that he so deprived from. Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. very nice ,i would be addicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the honey almond cuppies looks gorgeous! Can your fren C share the recipe with us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the looks of the Honey Almond cake. I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks. I'm dying to try it, so if you would share the recipe with me.... ms_halimah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith, the honey cakes look really good and moist. Also the brownies are equally delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I prefer " naked cupcakes", its easier to bring around. Hope u have some spare time to post this delicious recipe after your gametime.
    My girl will be taking her PSLE next year, I hope to pull her out of her higher mother tongue next year and concentrate on other subjects. Can feel yr stress.....

    Regards,
    Queen Butter

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, possible to share the honey almond receipe pls ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by everyone. Sorry that I took so long to post the recipe as I was busy with my other commitments.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edith,

    Tks for posting the recipe.

    Regards,
    Queen Butter

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi. i saw the recipe for the honey almond cupcakes already. but where can i get almond meal in singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're welcome Queen Butter.

    Almond meal is also known as ground almond. Easily avail in all supermarkets as well as baking supply shops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're welcome Queen Butter.

    Almond meal is also known as ground almond. Easily avail in all supermarkets as well as baking supply shops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for dropping by everyone. Sorry that I took so long to post the recipe as I was busy with my other commitments.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the looks of the Honey Almond cake. I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks. I'm dying to try it, so if you would share the recipe with me.... ms_halimah@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the honey almond cuppies looks gorgeous! Can your fren C share the recipe with us?

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice ,i would be addicated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin