Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Down and out

I realised that it is more than a week that I last step into this little corner of mine. Sorry for the alarm to those who dropped by.

Thanks so much for some who left notes and even a long distance call asking about my well being. From the bottom of my heart, I truly appreciate the nice gestures.

I meant no intention to keep it private. Just that I was at a crossroad as to whether to continue blogging or just give up everything and perhaps start to learn to play mahjong.

My heart and mind just got confused and lost the sense of direction in life. Anyway, with reassurance and encouragements, I am bouncing back into life once again.

I don’t know how many of you out there are like me. There are moments in life that you felt that everything is not worth going for and it is such a struggle to hold on to it.

Being a homemaker sometime we are being put into spots where we questioned our self worth.

Are we really living on a plush and cushiony life? Was it assumed that we are living in a “well” and become less knowledgeable and that we are oblivious to the world surrounding us?

Or are we looking for undue stress as stay home mommy should have none unless we asked for it. Maybe a homemaker’s job is a thankless job. It is our responsibility to balance finance, internal affairs, health care, childcare and etc. There isn’t bonus, annual leave and don’t talk to me about sick leave. LOLz.

The government isn’t helping much too to boost our morale as we don’t get to enjoy privileges as well as those who work! Are we not contributing to the society too by raising the “leaders” of our future?

I am glad that I got it out of my chest and am happy that the black clouds have blown past and I am seeing sunshine.

Anyway, I am feeling a lot better now. Looking back, keeping blog alive sometime can be quite challenging and when you are down, you just lost the momentum to pen your thoughts.

Now with my classes and Cupcake Fantasies picking up where it was left off before my ops and I have less time by the computer and also as this year is a critical year for my son, I needed him to feel more of my presence than before. Nevertheless, I am itching for a home baked cake and Zu's Vanilla Sponge Cake from Quick n Easy Treats definitely gives me a kick into the sunshine day.

I paired this with a bottle of Lemon Curd that R gave me. It was truly yummy. Thanks gals!

Photobucket

This cake is delicious but I still can't figure out why mine shrunked and became a little grumpy.

What you need:

(A)
150g cake flour/superfine flour
1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
10g milk powder

(B)
60g cooking oil
50g water
4 (75g) yolks
80g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

(C)
4 (150g) whites
90g castor sugar (original 100g)
1/4 tsp (1g) cream of tartar

Method

Bake in a preheated oven 180C, greased and lined a 9" round cake pan.

Sift ingredients (A) and put it aside

Whisk yolks and sugar till it turns lemon color

Add oil, water and vanilla and mix till well blended

Add ingredients (A) and mix it slowly till it forms a smooth batter

Whisk (C) till stiff

Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture and gently stir, then fold in the remaining egg white mixture and mix well gently

Pour batter into a lined pan and bake for 35-40 mins or till it springs back when touched

Once cooked, removed from oven and invert the cake on the wire rack until completed cooled

Removed from mould and decorate it
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Ya, I do agree with you. Even though I'm still very new in blogging but I already find it quite tedious & time consuming to keep the blog updated. Anyway, I'm glad that you decided to continue. Keep going... your readers will be disappointed if you gave up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edith,

    Glad that you are back in action... it's true as a Fulltime SAHM.. it's really stress and we will sometime question about our value and etc.. but i am sure you have done a great job in your area of taking care of the kids and family.

    I guess most of the blooger will come to a stage whereby they don't feel like writing or blogging sometHing for a period of time... but then we are glad that you are back.. and I have tried your chocolate muffin and chocolate chips cookies recipe with my son and they turn out great!!!! Everyone love them.. thanks for sharing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Glad that you are alright.
    Hope you have more time to love yourself! Take things easy.


    Best regards,
    Kium

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a sad day for me should you decide to stop blogging. Yours is one of the first few blogs I read before I started out blogging. Glad that you are alright and upbeat now.

    We self-doubt all the time but never doubt yourself about this; your kids are truly blessed to have you dedicating your time to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We humans are emotional creatures and along the way, we may lose our sense of direction. We were made this way. And yes, we digest, process and analyse the thoughts, thats what makes us all unique too !

    Sure glad to see you re-bounce with "umph" and re energising with passion in your daily living.

    jia you !!!!!

    cheers
    yan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you...very well said. Everytime, I'm feeling down and confused...I usually hug my kids and whenever they embrace me back I get the re-assurance that indeed I made the right decision to be a SAHM :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were feeling down and glad to hear you are now feeling better. You are so talented in cooking and you have helped many people by sharing your recipes. I'm glad to hear you are continuing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you were feeling down and glad to hear you are now feeling better. You are so talented in cooking and you have helped many people by sharing your recipes. I'm glad to hear you are continuing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin