Thursday, April 09, 2009

Spice

I have been getting a fair bit of emails asking about my health as many of you know that I had an operation done last Dec.

Actually I haven't fully recovered. I am still on pain killer on certain days when I spent too long a day outside the house. Despite starting on my swimming to strengthen my back muscles that needed to support my quite "useless" spine now. It is not enough.

Thus today, I begin my first physiotherapy. To learn the tactics of strengthening other part of my body muscles so that my hip won't be that strenuous. It seems like it is a long process and there are certain days I swear that I really regretted going for it. Then again, I wouldn't be so careful in my movements now than before.

After the session, at least now I am a little more optimistic about my condition. The physiotherapist is really good with what she does.

I pray hard that by the 6th month, the numbness on my right toes will be gone. For if it doesn't happened, it is for life that I will feel that way. Though it doesn't give me pain for that part, I do feel that life is not normal.

Since my daughter has an early dismissal today and we are home early. I decided to cook. Apples are basic staple fruit in our fridge. Though I love oranges more, my son and hubby adore apples.

Today, we are going for white meat as it is much easier to cook than red. It can whip up a dish instantly. Flipping through my cookbooks, looking for inspiration, I spotted a recipe with chicken and mango. I decided to do a switch up on the recipe. I thought since cinnamon goes so well with apple, I can’t be too wrong here. So here is my Chicken with Apple.

If you are feeling adventurous, try it out.

Photobucket

What you need:

2 tbsp oil
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large chicken breast, cut into shreds
spring onions, sliced diagonally
2 tbsp light soya sauce (low salt version)
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp corn starch
1 cup of chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1 apple, peel and sliced

Method

Marinate chicken with light soya sauce, a dash of pepper and cornstarch.

Heat wok and add oil.

Sautee ginger and cinnamon till fragrant.

Add in chicken and spring onion. Stir fry for 5 mins.

Add in the chicken stock, dark soya sauce and bring to boil.

Season with salt and pepper.

Add in apples and simmer for another 15 mins till sauce is thickened.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. this is a special dish to me........ APPLE, CHICKEN, and Cinnamon. Apple and Cinnamon taste great for dessert... but with chicken added to it and some other spices to make it like curry is sound abit of Japanese... em... this is indeed something new that we should try...thanks for introducing this....... :)

    At the meantime, do take care too........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought to combine apple and chicken as a meal .Looks yummy.

    You poor thing. I hope you get better soon. I've seen what back problem can do to you as my husband had really bad accident 20 years ago and hurt his back. Swimmign does help a lot. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellena, Hope all is well with you and kiddo. Hugz.

    Eunice, how is your hubby doing now? For me, I am actually worried when I get older. LOLz.

    Hope to see you when you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you, Edith. You can still cook and bake despite your condition. Do take care and don't overwork yourself, ok?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin