Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just not a day for ...

SH is getting married soon and we decided to meet up to discuss about her wedding preparation. An arrangement that was made a month ago.

It will be so nice to have a picnic as well. Unfortunately, my kids couldn't join the fun as my daughter is starting on her first lesson for Speech and Drama. There after, followed by their taekwondo lesson so they have to give this a pass. Hubby was really sweet.

He asked me to go ahead and enjoy myself while he will tend to the kids. Initially was thinking about baking a tray of brownies to bring to the picnic.

When I saw Humble Home Baker's Japanese Sponge Cake and hers looks incredibily soft and delicious. I knew that instead of baking brownies, I must do that.

Perhaps it was my mistake to turn them into little cakelets. It shrunk so badly that I am too ashamed to share with my friends.

Haiz.... going to just pick off some food from the store instead. Anyway, the weather is looking really not a day for picnic.

Well, we do have a fall back plan. hahhaha...

Photobucket

Perhaps sponge cake is not meant for me.... and this reminds me of my bread experience. Just got to wait for the right moments. hahhaah.. Nevertheless, besides the ugly appearance.

This cake is really soft. Back to the drawing board.

Well, my day didn't end bad. We had a good lunch of Indian chicken on a bed of root vegetables.

Photobucket

I like the mixture of the herbs and the aroma of it while baking.

What you need:

1kg of chicken parts (I used tigh)
570ml natural yoghurt
4 tsps ground coriander
2 tsp paprika (I omitted this)
3 tsp fround turmeric
2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp honey
4 cloves crushed garlic
4cm of ginger (grated)

Method

Combine all the ingredients and spread it over the chicken. Rubbing it in.

Marinate it for 4 hours in the fridge.

Pan fried the chicken lightly.

Place on grill and cook for 30 mins till skin is crispy. Baste it with remaining seasoning.

Note: I used oven for grill at 180 degree.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I also very afraid to make that Japanese Sponge Cake( Sorry to say I'm Lazymine) I'm afraid of failure..but If we didn't bake it we do not know how far our skill rights..? problem is..At here nobody like the taste of Cheese..!1
    Edith yr chicken appear to be very beautiful..I like Indian food too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin