Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Finals

When I was working in a publishing company, my chances of meeting many great photographers didn't spark off any interest on photography though I enjoys looking at great photograph shots.

I should have picked it up then because I am sure I will find great mentors. I still pinched myself for letting go of an opportunity when my company took on a project for the Royal Family.

I had a chance to connect myself with 100 odd famous photographers round the region during a working stint in Brunei.

Photography wasn't a love at first sight for me. It kind of slowly grows on me when I started travelling and grew even more when I have kids. I love taking pictures of kids’ flawless and innocent faces. Just love it.

I hate to read the inches thick manuals and have no clue for technical terminology. I am always intrigue by the "eye" as what GL told me.

Though my current gadget is not the super high calibre type but it does allow me to take decent pictures. I was told that sometime you don't need super duper gadget to take great shots but an eye for special moments.

GL and I talk about me picking this hobby seriously but I doubt I have the time to join the kakis on their round of "missions".

BTW, GL, my dear primary school classmate is totally awesome. Not only is she self taught but her "EYE" for colours and moments are very cool. She is also part of the photographer team that does the school yearbook too.

When I saw her equipments the other day, I know in a way that I can never do this. The bag is definitely bad for my back. LOLz. Enough said, this morning, while waiting for my kids to finish Sunday school. I was amusing myself with my toy. Such lovely weather ....

Photobucket

Starting next week, it will be yet another tense two weeks. Yes, time of the year again.... what else but tests and examinations.

In order not to feel that stress out, I just suddenly thought about it. Instead of looking at half empty class, why not see it as half filled glass.

Just a flash, I was thinking ... geesh... this is going to be my dear son's last CA1 test. This year he will be doing his last SA1 and last CA2 hahahaha... great isn't it?

Now I have to brainwash him to think like such. *wink*

With hubby not around, the fridge low on our basic necessity but I am simply too lazy to fight with the weekend crowd in the supermarket. A “lonely” Sunday afternoon was inching me to bake.

I wanted to bake Cafe of the East's Steam Cheesecake since last week. Now it was perfect because all the ingredients listed, I have.

Though I am from Singapore, I didn't have a taste at this cake from my favourite bakery. Guess I was too obsessed with mochi to notice that till now. It also didn't strike me to grab these when I was down at the bakery on Sat. Haiz... thus I too have no clue how this taste like till the next time.

Photobucket

Nevertheless, these little Steam Cheesecake is really light and tasty, very soufflé like. My daughter initially rejected it went for a second helping during tea time.

What you need:

125g cream cheese
60ml milk
40ml canola oil
3 egg yolks
40g caster sugar
20ml lemon juice
30g cornflour, sifted
3 egg whites
70g caster sugar

Method:

Preheat oven to 150°C. Line muffin trays with cupcake liners.

Place a large tray of hot water inside the oven just below the shelf where the cheesecakes are to be baked.

Soften cream cheese with milk and oil in a bowl placed over simmering water.

Whisk until smooth, remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.

Beat egg yolks with 40g sugar until combined, beat in lemon juice.

Gradually whisk in cheese mixture to combine. Lightly whisk in sifted cornflour, mix well.

Beat egg whites until foamy. Then gradually beat in 70g sugar, spoonful by spoonful, until firm but just under stiff peaks stage.

Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the cheese mixture until thoroughly mixed in. Repeat two more times with the remaining egg white mixture.

Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup nearly to the rim.

Place the muffin tray on the shelf just above the tray of hot water.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes are lightly browned.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Edith, may I know which recipe did you follow for this steamed cake?? It looks so much like the ones from Four Leaves. Do you mind sharing the recipe?? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin