Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rain Rain come again

We have been having dry spell for a couple of weeks and it was sad because everywhere was turning brown. Even the purple bougainvillea flowers which you can find on overhead bridges are turning brown too. Just imagine such hardy plants can turn brown, can be a worrying sign if the rain don't come sooner.

While chatting with DW this afternoon, I saw the rain coming. I was really happy. A sign of life spring back. Isn't it great?

Let's hope it will continue for the night. Let's the earth soak up the much needed moisture. Let's all living things quench their thirst so that by tomorrow, it will be a fresh and green day tomorrow.

My fridge is fast emptying and I have to make my weekly trip to the supermarket tomorrow. Since I took a CD to exchange for another one (yes, the senile mind forgotten that I have the same one till I brought it home), I decided to make a side trip to grab some chicken for our dinner tonight.

After coming home, I still have no clue how to cook it. Didn't want to do a complicated dish. Chicken with Walnut and Celery sounded good as I need to finish up the greens and I do have a packet of walnut that was meant for the CNY bake but didn't get to doing it.

I also remembered that AP once told us that nuts are good for the body especially walnut, it is good for brain. Perhaps it holds some truth because walnut does look like our brain, don't they? Photobucket What you need:

1 whole large chicken, clean and cut into large chunks.
4 tsp soya sauce
2 tbsp brandy
2 tsp corn flour
salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
120g walnut halves, roasted
4 sticks celery, cut diagonally
2 tsp oyster sauce

Method

Marinate chicken with soya sauce, brandy, cornflour, salt and pepper for 1 hour.

Heat wok with oil and sautee garlic till fragrant.

Add in chicken and stir fry. Taking care not to burn the garlic. Remove chicken.

Add in celery and a sprinkle of water. Sautee for 1 min.

Add in chicken, water and oyster sauce. Bring to boil and then lower to a simmer till chicken is soft.

Just before serving, add in walnut. Mixed well.

Serve hot with rice.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin