Thursday, January 08, 2009

My first bake for the year

Since today I felt much better after bed resting for the whole of yesterday. I decided to bake something nice. Partly to warm up my oven and partly to kill my boredom.

In actual fact, I have been reading up alot of recipes and the list of to do has been piling high but I wasn't up to it to bake.

Last weekend, I attended a bread making class that was for charity. Yes, I shouldn't have but it was an appointment that I made way before and I felt bad to cancel it, afterall, it was meant for charity. Against all odds, I went. I did pay my dues after the lesson as I was really suffering throughout the three hours class. The class size was overwhelming and the room was jammed packed. Thus I could not really walk around to relax my tensed muscles.

Anyway, I decided to practise what I had learnt for the Focaccia bread. Unfortunately, I wasn't really successful. Somehow, the kneading and the proofing do not match what the instructor had demonstrated. Haiz.... it looks more like naan than focaccia.

Even the texture some how gone astray. So here is my copy of the Focaccia Bread. I definitely needed more practise on this.

Photobucket

Next on my list was a Condensed Milk Pound Cake that I saw on Simply Anne's blog. The thought of condensed milk indicate to me a SUGAR high cake but the review was really good and thus my curiousity is up to find out how this will turned out. Sara Lee's Pound cake used to be my favourite.

Next time, I will further lower down the sugar level as I based it on All that Matter's weightage.

Photobucket

This cake is indeed delicious. It is dense and yet light, pretty close to Sara Lee's pound cake. I really like it and hope my family does too. Thanks for sharing Anne and Rei.

A rather late greeting but I reckon it is better to be late than never.

Happy New Year everyone and May the year filled with good health, joy and peace. I thank all my readers for another year of support and friendship.

What you need:

120g good quality butter
45g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup condensed milk
120g cake flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs

Method:

Preheat oven to 170 degree celcius. Grease a 8X3.5" loaf pan.

Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in salt, vanilla essence and condensed milk. Whisk till incorporated.

Add flour and mix till batter is smooth.

Add in the eggs, one at a time, mix well.

Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful cake but I will cut down on the sugar, it was too sweet for me. TFS Edith.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin