Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Zap Zap

Hubby came home from Switzerland with tons of chocolate. The meeting he went to, the host actually brought them to a chocolate factory!!! Aiyah, why didn't they say earlier.... I would have given him my shopping list. hahahaha....

Being him, his choice naturally leans more for nuts and milk chocolate but he did remember me liking dark chocolate very much and didn't forget about cocoa powder for my baking. hugz hugz.

Our chocolate crave didn't end here. In fact, I have been thinking about A's 3 min microwave chocolate cake that I just knew that I have to had it.

In the past, I did attempt on one that is "baked" by the microwave and the result wasn't so satisfying. But A's recommendation never goes wrong, I totally trusted her.

Despite me telling her that I will try it after son's exam, it was soooo simple that I can't find any excuse not to make them earlier!!!

This recipe needed a microwave, though she uses a 1000 watt machine, mine was only 800 watt. I reckon it will work too. Talking about this wonderful invention, sometime I wonder why my sister refused to have one again after theirs broke down. It is something that our household cannot do without. Though mine can bake and grill, I still prefers the real thing but for small chores like a cup of hot tea or coffee, this little one is an angel. Ha, my little hut don't serve hot water without pre-order. hehehe..

Anyway, this recipe is sooo easy and no mess or major clean up. In fact, I think I got the whole process ready in under 5 mins.

You are darn right A. It is soft and spongy. Love it!

Like you said, I finished it all up without it ever had a chance to cool. So shiok. I was too lazy to make a batch of ganache or chocolate sauce which I think will even be better. For the moment, this is enough to satisfy me.

Photobucket

With A's kind permission, I am sharing this with you.

What you need:

4 level tbsp of Cake flour
¼ tsp Baking Powder
2 level tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 tbsp castor sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp corn oil
¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp chocolate chip (optional)

Method

Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and put inside a medium size coffee mug.

Add in the castor sugar and mix till well combined.

Add in egg, milk, corn oil and vanilla extract.

Stir together till smooth with a small whisk.

Add in chocolate chips and give it a last mix. Put inside

Microwave and cook on high powder (1000 watt) for 3 minutes. (it will rise and set in the mug). Mine is only 800 watt and it works)

After 3 minutes the chocolate cake is done!

Let the Chocolate cake cool in mug for 1 minute then tip out onto a small plate

This cake is best serve WARM with sweetend whipped cream or chocolate ganache or fudge or any instant chocolate sauces !
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Your site makes me wanna go out and rush to get all the ingredients to do it now! Thanks lots for sharing.

    Ju

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin