Monday, October 20, 2008

Counting down to the last term

My dear prince just started his exam last week. This year's final, it is being stretched to three STRESSFUL weeks. If it were me who is sitting for the exam, I really welcome this arrangement as it will allows me more time to prepare. For a child this age, it is like a torture. It "feels" like he is FOREVER studying. Trying to coax and brainwash son that it is important to have a good basic education in order to strive for the future. Despite our constant "nagging" that time and tide wait for no man, should make use the last few days productively, haiz guess all went along with the wind. Not that he is very motivated to achieve better result this round. His total off tuned attitude frustrates both my hubby and I. Despite we, adopting a "bear the consequences" belief. Somehow, I can't be total switched off. Haiz..... must must remember that he is no longer a baby. A friend of mine, JL sent me a sms last night. Here is her message : "My mum is uneducated and that is one of the greatest blessing for me and my sibilings because she always tell us that she cannot help us in our studies. Only we can help ourselves so she transferred the responsibilities to us. The greatest handicap for us as mothers now is our education. We think we can help and took over our children's responsibility of wanting to study on their own. I'm definitely guilty of it." After reading this, I felt that there are so much truth to it. We were never like this when we were young. In fact, the mommies that I spoken to share the same sentiments. We were so motivated and independent but look what happened to our next generation? Let's take a pause and think of something positive. We spent a very busy weekend helping my parents settled down into their new home. It is really good that my parents are near to one of us. At least we know that my sister and her family will be able to look out for them in the future. My little niece too has been happy I guess. Now she don't have to go home to an emptied house after school and have delicious home cooked meal everyday!!! My kids will be jealous as they love grandma’s cooking as well as her famous soup. I ave been also busy preparing for my Fondant Modelling Class. I am really excited about it and haven't stop thinking how to make it better for my students. hahaha... Also testing new concept for some figurines that I am supposed to deliver next month. My little oven has been neglected and I guess my little one felt it too because last night she mentioned that I haven't been baking. LOLz. So here I am, trying out a new Pound Cake recipe. I was into my adventurous mood. I decided to turn this 9" cake into two 6" with two flavours. mmmm.... a sort of black and white theme? Photobucket The recipe is wonderful. My hubby had so many servings after our dinner!!! First he tried the chocolate one (as chocolate is his soft spot), verdict - good. Then he moved on to the vanilla ones, hah, even better. Somehow I think when I added in that two tablespoonful of cocoa powder, the whole ratio changes. It is still nice but a lot firmer. On the whole I still prefer the original one. It is really delicious, thanks again to my teacher. She has been a great source of inspiration as well as a good teacher. Thanks for being here for me. Note: This is best baked in a loaf pan. If you are using a round one, make sure that it is thoroughly cooked. What you need: 235g cake flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 230g butter 150g castor sugar 4 large eggs, room temperature 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 cup milk Method:\ Preheat oven to 160°C. Greased a 9” tray and dust with some flour then tap out excess flour. Sift flour, baking powder and salt , set aside. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla extract and blend well. Reduce speed and add in flour slowly alternatively with milk. Spoon the batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface . Bake in pre-heated oven for 65mins or until cake is cooked. Remove the cake from oven and let cool for 15 mins before turning out on wire rack
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. hi Edith .. love the look of the texture of this cake .., very much wanted to try on it .. but not sure if the salt should be 1/4 tsp or 1 1/4 tsp? and what about the milk 1/4 cup or 1 1/4 cup? saw from the text - it showed as A^

    Blessings,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a surprise by your visit. Thanks for dropping by Kellie.

    Recipe amended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha .. I love your blog but I am a quiet passer-by .. heeeeeeee

    Thanks so much :D

    Blessings,
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin