Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grow Your Own #17

I am excited to take part in this month GYO # 17 - Grow Your Own. Partly because I don't know how long more our much beloved tree will continue to give us weekly supply of star fruits. We also don't know when the season will be over. As this is the first tree we owned. We are definitely lack of experience. For the first round of harvest, we didn't know what to do. Most rotted away or being pecked by birds. After that, we became wiser. We started wrapping each fruit diligently. It was an effort well paid off. Yesterday, we experience a very windy morning rain and to our horror, one branch broke. My hubby was so sad. When he was done with dinner, he actually carried a torch light in search of the two starfruits that he had been waiting for it to grow to a good size. It was a pity as the branch will soon produce at least 100 fruits in time to come. Haiz. Heart pain. When I stumbled onto this GYO event, I told myself that I really wanted to participate. It will be an event that will become our precious moments. I realised that today is the last day of submission. Immediately Starfruit Salad came to mind as I can once again try out my Friendship Salad Dressing. So join me for a plate of refreshing Starfruit salad. Photobucket What you need: 2 large starfruits 1.5 tbsp of sour plum paste 3-4 tbsp Red Wine vinegar 1 tbsp light soya sauce 1 tbsp sesame oil 1 tbsp crushed garlic 1 tsp of sugar a pinch of salt a dash of black pepper Method: Mix the seasoning and stir till sugar dissolved and sour plum paste blended well. Pour over starfruit. For a garnishing, I used a little chilli
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin