Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Off to the post

I am no expert in knitting. I picked up this hobby when I was still in my teens.

Mom used to crochets and knits. A basic knit and purl is all I know. I have also forgotten those more elaborate pattern that I used to do before when I knitted tank tops for myself and those baby cardigans when my little boy was young.

After that, I shelved my needles and they haven't seen daylight till now. I started my knitting fever when I was bedridden many weeks back out of boredom.

I guess knitting in Singapore appeared to be really strange. People always wonder how appropriate it is for us Singaporean to wear knit.

For me, I stopped because having them washed and dried is a hassle. When I broke a special drying net that I bought in Canada, I decided to donate my wears.

J came to know that I started knitting, she rang me to tell me that Spotlight was having a big sales on yarns. I headed down straight and loaded myself with plenty.

Now, technology is really cool. They even have washable wools!!! and really light cotton yarn.

As I was queueing, an Australian lady was curious as to how Singaporean cope with knitted wears as it is so hot here. Ya... ya... our weather and yarns don't seems to tally right?

Each time when I knit, the people at my daughhter's school will have mixed reactions. Either they are fascinated about the knitting as they said not many people are picking up this hobby or they said "isn't it a little too hot for such stuff?"

After I completed the two beanies for my kids, a scarf for my daughter and on my way to knitting a scarf for my sister in law. I managed to have a chat with her online.

I told her about my little project and she said that my two nephews and brother would love to have them too. Yipee..... now I find a real purpose for knitting. hehehehhee....

Finally I completed the four scarves for my brother and his family and I bet my hubby is happy about it as I have been so engrossed in them that I sense he felt neglected. hehhehehe....

Now, I have a strong urge to knit socks and I have to find a tutor that is willing to teach me!!! Anyone out there?

Photobucket

As I was blog hopping, I saw CookBake Legacy's Baked Rice and it reminded me how hubby likes the one in an ice cream parlour. Though I don't share the same sentiment about it but why not surprised hubby with this dinner.

Afterall, of late, he has been really busy at work and yet still make time to come home for dinner. Really appreciate it as I value dinner time as a family.

Photobucket

Thanks C for sharing this recipe. My family literally chomped it down. Here is my version as I don't have anything in the fridge except sausages and cheese.

What you need:

5 portion of cooked rice. (for freshly cooked rice, fan it out to cool)
a tbsp of chopped garlic
1 onion, diced
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 pinch of salt
a packet of sausage, diced
a packet of Italian Mozzarella cheese, shredded
a can of Campbell Cream of Mushroom soup

Method:

Heat up oil and fry onion and then followed by garlic till fragrant.

Add in the sausage and cooked rice and stir till well mixed.

Add in a pinch of salt and stir well.

Scoop the rice mixture into the casserole.

Pour the canned soup into the frying pot and dilute the soup with a can of water.

Simmer the soup for about 2 mins.

Pour about half the soup onto the surface of the rice mixture in the casserole dish.

Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on the surface of the rice mixture.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for about 30-40 mins or till the cheese browns.

Serve hot.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin