Thursday, June 12, 2008

Taking it slowly?

Already half of the June holiday had passed. What have I been so busy? I seriously don't know. My days are so jam packed that by the end of the day, I am totally washed out.

This holiday, I have been packing alot. Picking after the kids is driving me nuts. Toy sets with misplaced items. Board games with misplaced dices and cards. Jigsaw with missing pieces! How I wish they have some sense of responsibility.

Having them at home whole day long doesn't help at all. They will messed and messed and this poor mom will have to pack and pack. I do exercise discipline but each time my back turned. They will take the short cuts. Some days I feel like stranggling them!!!

I also took this opportunity to sieve out their outgrown clothings and toys to hand it down to the needy. Boy I was practically struggling with them on this one. Guess they hold sentiments to these stuff.

On top of this, having this comment written on my son's report book didn't help situation. "Please use this holiday wisely to revise your work". So it is added pressure for me to see that my son is utilising his time wisely. Let's hope, by the start of the new term, I will see some improvement. If not, I am sorry sonny, your taewondo will have to go.

Health wise also isn't that great. I have been having this nagging cough for almost 3 weeks. Taken so many types of cough mixtures but yield no result. Finally I managed to sneak some time and visited this Chinese sinseh.

Actually I dragged visiting him, his registrar cum finance manager is really rude and arrogrant. She is someone that you can actually see dollar signs plastered all over her face! Luckily the sinseh is a really nice man.

He recently got awarded for doing 30 years of voluntary work. Amazing isn't it? When I was younger, I don't really believe in Chinese Herb but this sinseh has kept my migraine away (since my teenage years). Somehow I think he is magical. He actually can see what illness you have before you even had a chance to tell him what is wrong with you! Anyway, I think I should be on the road to recovery soon.

As promised with my kids, we wanted to bake cookies. Though I have already prepared the dough yesterday, there isn't much opportunity to do the final product. As usual sonny will take his time to do his revision.

Since little one got up early, we decided to do this little project just the two of us. I chose Yoghurt Cookie because I have a tub of yoghurt in the fridge and I really wanted to finish it off quickly before my trip. Sometime back, I chanced upon upon My Kitchen's and decided to try it) and it looks interesting as the name is biscuits but it is filed under bread.

Photobucket

This dough is really soft and need chilling but boy the fragrance while baking is simply awesome. I really love the smell!

Unlike hers which were really pretty and cute, ours is totally out of shape! The texture is also something special. Once freshly baked from the oven, it is crispy on the outside and yet bread like on the inside. Let's see after a few hours whether there is any character change.

What you need:

2 cups Plain Flour
1 cup Plain Yogurt (I used cheesecake flavoured)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsps Baking Powder

Method:

Preheat oven at 180 oC

Soften the butter and mix in yogurt.

Sift in flour, baking soda and baking powder.

Knead briefly and turn onto a lightly flour surface.

Roll out the dough into 1cm thick sheet.

Cut using cookies biscuits.

Bake in for 10-12mins.

Serve warm.

---------------------

I too longed for a Yoghurt Cake and decided to try Happy Home Baking's. It turned out to be such a simply recipe and yet yield a lovely muffinlike texture.

I am definitely going for another round with my kids next time.

Photobucket

What you need:

1/2 cup yogurt
100g granulated sugar
60g brown sugar
3 eggs
95g ground almond
140g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup oil
your favourite fruit diced (optional)

Method

Pre-heat oven to 180 degC. Grease and line pan with baking paper.

Mix yogurt, sugar, eggs in a large bowl.

Add ground almonds and sieve over flour and baking powder. Mix till combined.

Add oil and mix well.

Fill 2/3 of the batter in the prepared pan, arrange your favourite fruits if any on the batter and pour the rest of the remaining batter over.

Bake at 180 degC for 40-50mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

Let cool in the pan for 20mins before unmoulding.

**********

Thanks ladies for these two wonderful recipes.

Okay kitchen closed for the time being while I am back to my packing again. This time round, a short holiday.

Till then, see ya friends.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin