Friday, June 06, 2008

Mango Tango with a sticky affair

It is the mango season! I just couldn't help myself not to drop some into the shopping trolley. Having a nasty cough for weeks, I couldn't risk it but yet the sweet smelling fruit is too hard to resist.

Years back when I visited Philippines, I adores this Green Mango Juice Drink. I don't know whether is there any cafe or restaurant serving this in Singapore. I hope there is one as I am craving for it. LOLz.

Once C bought home a box of mango from Pakistan and those were simply gorgeous. Of course I love Philippines mangoes too. I wonder who can resist mangoes. They are simply delicous.

In one of my long list of "to try", Mango Mochi was on my list, Do What I Like recipes never fail me. I really trusted this blog very much and I am sure my fellow bloggers who visited her site share the same sentiment as me too.

The kids were getting bored and I decided to rope them in on this one. We actually set up a little factory line. 哥哥 in charge of weighing the dough while 妹妹in charge of transferring it to the flour plate and mommy do the final touch up.

In the process, our hands got really really sticky despite oiling them. In fact, my little one said she got webbed hands.

Disgusting but fun. After our accomplishment, son couldn't resist the lined up mochi. He was popping in a few already. mmmm...sweet sweet mango.

Mom only managed one before her cough started all over again. Haiz.

Photobucket

What you need: (30+ pieces)

300g glutinous rice flour
60g rice flour
1 tbsp custard powder
1.5 tbsp corn oil
200ml hot water + 45g sugar
160ml evaporated milk
240ml mangojuice
2 ripe mangoes (diced into cubes)
japanese glutinous rice flour for coating

Method:

Sieve glutinous rice flour, rice flour and custard powder into a big mixing bowl.

Add in the oil.

Dissolve sugar in 200ml of hot water.

Add in the evaporated milk.

Pour this into the flour mixture and mix till smooth and well blended.

Stir in the mango juice. Strain if mixture is lumpy.

Pour batter into a greased tray/bowl and steam on high heat for 30 minutes.

Remove from steamer and stir the cooked dough with a flat plastic knife till it is smooth. Leave aside to cool.

Wear a pair of plastic gloves and greased it with some oil.

Take a 30g piece of dough and flatten it into a round disc, wrap in as much mango cubes as desired. Seal the edges tightly and shape it into round balls.

Coat the shaped mochi with Japanese glutinous rice flour.

Serve chilled.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin