Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I was woken up by the rhythmic snooring sound of my hubby's. Tried so hard to fall back to sleep but it was an impossible task. As I am not that sort to laze around in bed, I decided to get out of bed and begin my day. Collected the Sunday Time and was captivated by the headline. S$23,000/month for a stay home mom. Geesh..... Am I really worth that much? Received many sms from my friends wishing me a Happy Mother's Day too. Anyway ...... You got to be a mom to really understand what all mommies go through especially being today's Singaporean mommies. I realised that I am not totally alone in this world to tackle the challenging role of a mom. Was relatively surprised that when mommies get together, the stories we shared, the problems we encountered and the frustration we go through are all so similar. Sometime I can't believe we uses the exact words to vent our frustration! Even though I have many blues days, I also experienced many happy moments with my kids too. When I am having my down moments that everthing seems so bleaked. It does take me a day or two to chase the blues away. Recalling those precious moments that my kids had given me, helped me to pull though the frustrated period. Encouragements from friends that went through it before also helps me to believe that will be light at the end of the tunnel. I am convincing myself that this moment will come and that I will enjoy the fruit of my labour if I nurture it with plenty of love and patience. Thanks to all my friends especially those who are mommies, who constantly give me a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, a comforting sms or call and making me believe that I ain't that bad a mommy. I really appreciated it so much because you gals make me stronger and believe in myself. Thanks for being there for me. Happy Mother's Day! Let's enjoy Photobucket I got the inspiration from Crave. Using a self made raspberry coulis and marrying ricotta and mascarpone cheeses. This dessert is light with a slightest tinge of sourness from the coulis, was absolutely delightful to end a meal. Posted by Precious Moments @ 10:04 AM :: (8) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin