Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bite size

I have been having this itch attack since last August. Been on medication practically every other day. It makes me so drowsy and I do feel terrible as I am a hyper active person.

As hubby is away this week and this week also being EXAM FEVER. I have to bear with the itch without medication or I doubt I can function at full speed with son's revision and supervision.

Anyway, couldn't take it any longer and since tomorrow is son's last paper. I decided to be back to being a "drug addict" as I only managed 4 hours of sleep the night before. At least it makes me feel better without that irritating itch.

Am I allergy to pollen? I really don't know but I do know it all started that night with a beautiful bouquet of Casablanca (this is my favourite flower todate) in my room. Smelling so great but my mistake, I left the ceiling fan turned on while I sleep!

Living in a very green environment, initially I thought I developed pollen allery but I tried holidaying elsewhere and still have this. With a hive medical history, I know I am not sufferring from that.

My trusted doctor once told me that I should not waste my money on allergy test, I just have to record what I eat and do on a daily basis. But my daily routine is really routine. Nothing new.

I tried 2 weeks of Chinese medication and it didn't work too. Now I think it has to do with hormonal problem so this coming Monday, I am checking myself with a well known Chinese Medical Hospital and see what the doctors there have to say.

They are great and I am a firm believer of herbal medicine as they helped my son recovered from asthmatic cough. Can't believe no french fries helped right? Strange theory but it worked.

Have to end this itchy talk. LOL.

I always wanted to try to make something out of ricotta cheese and I spy a recipe that just do it but darn I forgotten about the polenta needed for it. Left with no choice and am too lazy to drive out to get a packet. I decided to make Chocolate Ricotta Muffin instead.

The reviews from Joy of baking sounded good. I decided to bake these into bite size. Cute aren't they?

The texture is soft and yet moist, something different from the crumbly type of muffins. In fact, my friend said it tasted like "Huat Kueh" texture.

Photobucket

What you need:

1 small tub of ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
320ml milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
57g unsalted melted butter, cooled
325g plain flour
130g castor sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
35g cocoa powder, sifted
170g semisweet chocolate chip

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Prepare muffin pan.

Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl.

Add in the sugar and salt and combine well.

Whisk ricotta cheese till smooth and then add one egg at a time. Beating well after each addition.

Add milk, vanilla essence and the cooled melted butter and mix well.

Add in flour mixture and chocolate chip and stir till combined. DO NOT OVER MIX the batter or else you get tough muffins.

Divide batter into the muffin pan. Baked at 20 mins or till cooked.

Note:

This batter needs to bake immediately, I have some access and waited for the second round of baking and it deflated.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin