Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Slacking

I have been slacking lately on my passion. Though I do bake for Cupcake Fantasies but on a personal note, I have been really lazy. Hundreds and one recipes that look really delicious and I told myself, well I will print it out and do it within this week. But ..... the mind and the body are not co-ordinating very well these days.

Met S sometime back and we shared a piece of this delicious American Carrot Cake. I told myself I will have to bake one soon. Nothing happened of course.

A few weeks later, J gave me some of her mud cake and we were talking about cakes in general and she told me how much she love carrot cake but didn't get a good recipe. Early this week, I had dinner with a long lost friend and another close friend who is on transit. We had a great time and to finish a great dinner, we shared a piece of this stunning Raspberry Chocolate cheese cake. Oohhhh it was really good.

Guess I finally couldn't resist the craving for a good cake anymore. Since I got everything in the fridge! Hey what am I waiting for right?

Verdict: It is soft and fluffy. Definitely a keeper.

Photobucket

What you need:

Cake

285g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon powder
250g shredded carrot
170g walnuts, coarsely chopped
3 eggs, room temperature
100g castor sugar
90g brown sugar
155g milk
1/2 tsp salt
180g vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence

Cream Cheese Frosting

250g cream cheese, softened
70g butter 150g icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp lemon juice

Method

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt.

Cream egg and sugar till pale and fluffy.

Add in milk little by little. Mix well.

Add in oil slowly till well blended and then vanilla essence.

Mix in flour in three portion till well incorporated.

Add in carrot and nuts and mix wel.

Pour into tin and bake at 180 degree celcius for 40 mins or till it is cooked.

Cool cake before frosting.

Frosting.

Cream cheese till creamy and add in butter. Continue till it is incorporated.

Add in icing sugar and beat till the sugar melted.

Add in juice and mix well.

Spread on cooled carrot cake and served with a tiny mazipan carrot if desired
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin