Friday, January 25, 2008

Getting into the mood

My cousin's famous pineapple tart is no longer on sale. She has decided to "retire" after more than 10 years of yearly routine because she doesn't have the luxury of having my aunt to help her.

I was so sad as it is my family's all time favourite. It is buttery, light and has a melt in the mouth texture. ooooo.... I am definitely going to miss it.

Anyway, I decided to bake some myself despite knowing that making pineapple tart is a long process.

I was utterly disappointed by my own effort. Despite using the best butter in the market, mine just went horribly wrong. I have problem trying out a newly acquired pineapple tart cutter as the dough was really soft. Then I turned to cookie press, after many many attempts I finally able to pipe it out.

Though the room smell heavenly but the end product was a total flop. Did I waited too long to put them into the oven? (I left my unbake tarts till after dinner time.).

Perhaps it is the method of baking. I didn't bake my cookie blind first then add on the jam so it ended up with a crusty topping. :(

Am I going for another round? mmmmm.... I don't know because those ready made jam is OUT OF STOCK.

Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin