Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The week has begun

This will be the final week of my stress laden days. I pray that it will go smoothly and hopefully the reward will be fruitful.

Was speaking to D about our kids and we have the same conclusion. Whatever we need to do already been done so this week is basically up to our kids to perform.

A funny scenario at school was that all the mommies were gathered together waiting for our kids to be released from school and all of us shared the same anxiety about examination. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I realised that at least I am not alone or the only paranoid mom on earth.

Okay enough of examination stress. While reading this morning paper, I came across a really interesting recipe.

This Orange Cake doesn't require butter at all. I immediately took to task of cooking the oranges. Intention to have this for our breakfast tomorrow since it is so healthy.

Initially wanted to bake after the kids go to bed but H called to say that she is going to cook dinner and asked us over since I am home alone with the kids, I readily took up the invitation. Who can resist lamp chop for dinner. *wink* As it is a easy recipe, I immediately went on to bake it so that I can share it with H & R.

Personally, this cake turned out really delicious. The texture is alittle "kueh" like but it is also soft. During baking process, the WHOLE house was engulfed in a sweet orange smell. Absolutely therapeutic.

Photobucket

(adapted from The Straits Times Oct 24'07 Mind your Body)

What you need

3 med oranges
230g castor sugar
6 eggs
140g cake flour
100g ground almond
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Method

Wash the oranges before boiling them whole for 20 mins.

When cool, puree them in a blender. (whole oranges)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Beat the eggs and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is light and fluffy.

Sift the flour and baking powder and fold it into the beaten egg mixture along with the ground almond.

Gently mix in the orange puree.

Pour into a lightly greased cake tin and bake for 1 hour.

(I used 25 mins for my 8 loaf tin) or cake turned brown or skewer comes out clean.

Cool on rack and dust with icing sugar before serving.

Labels: cake Posted by Precious Moments @ 7:01 PM :: (7) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin