Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sit back and relax

I had mentioned earlier on that there were plenty of oranges in my fridge. So I turned some into Orange Curd.

My first exposure with curd was at L's house. It was L who first introduce Lemon curd to me. Her lemon curd tart was yummy. Sourish yet sweet. Sad to say, for whatever reason it was, I won't be able to savour that anymore.

Whatever it is, it didn't stop me from making some on my own. I have tried from Sue Lawrence's and it was great. Now, I chanced upon another recipe and I decided to find out whether it is better than Sue's.

This version is softer and silkier and it really brings out the orangy tang in it. I also tried making Friand that YW so proudly declare that it is much better than any other cakes that she savoured.

As I was preparing this, I have no clue how this cake taste like and how it is being prepared. I was totally amazed by the method too. It seems to easy to believe. In fact, I was having doubt when I was half way through the process that I turned on my computer just to compare with other recipe that the steps are really that simple.

Decided to have an impromptu tea and invited who else but my long time friend and also my "camp" neighbour to savour my "harvest". I pair this off with my all time favourite tart crust. To be honest, it was really well received by all, even my kids. Orange Curd Tart I.

Photobucket

I still have no clue how friand taste like, but my Strawberry Friand is really delicious.

Photobucket

Want to join us on our lazy afternoon rest and relax tea time?

What you need:

190g unsalted butter, softened
100g ground almonds
6 egg whites
75g plain flour
100g fresh strawberries
115g castor sugar
Icing sugar for dusting

Method

Preheat oven to 175 °C. Grease 12 small friends tins with a little of the butter.

Whisk egg whites.

Add all the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving half of the berries until just combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared tins and scartter the remaining berries on the top.

Bake for 25 min until golden and firm.

Cool in tin for 5 mins. Turn friand out onto rack to cool completely.

Serve dusted with icing sugar.

************

These are my last two orders before son's final term exam. Will be taking a break from my little venture.

Photobucket Photobucket

Posted by Precious Moments @ 10:47 PM :: (3) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin