Friday, October 26, 2007

Black or White

I was given this recipe by S. She actually shared this in a forum but as I wasn't able to access it, she was nice enough to share it with me.

Sometime I wonder, if I am no longer with the forum (NOT on my own free will, mind you), shouldn't my recipes be removed since my presence are not welcome?

Well, enough of bad vibes. With the examination fever over. I have plenty of time to indulge myself into my passion.

Time to create good vibes and good sharing.

S has been really sweet, agree for me to publish this so that I can share it with my fellow blogger who are interested.

This is a nice bar recipe. It tasted nice and chocolately. If you are a chocolate lover, go for the best quality you can get hold.

In my case, I indulge myself with Valrhona cocoa. Let me present to you Black & White Bar.

Run along and bake it, it is simply delicious as my kids had several pieces at one go.

Note: Do not overbake. Don't worry about the alcohol because I couldn't even taste it.

Enjoy.

Photobucket

What you need

For night---

150g unsalted butter
2 tbsp milk
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp brandy, rum or Kahlua (liqeur of your choice)
2 eggs large
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup chinese black sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
3/4 cup plain flour

For day---

150g unsalted butter
2 tbsp milk
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda large
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped almonds (I used pecan nuts)
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 and 1/2 cups plain flour

Method:

Line a 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Preheat the oven to 180°C. For the night section,

Melt the butter and milk over the stove or by microwave.

Pour into a bowl, sift in the cocoa powder and whisk till dissolved.

Stir in the sugars and eggs (it will be very thick and glossy).

Stir in the salt, vanilla extract and alcohol.

Sift in the flour (a thick brownie batter formed)

Spread it across the lined pan as evenly as you can. (A good tip is to plop spoonfuls of it in 3 cm intervals then spread it out with a palette knife or spatula or the back of a tablespoon)

For the day section,

Melt the butter and milk over the stove or by microwave. Pour into a bowl and stir in the brown sugar.

Whisk in the egg, salt and vanilla.

Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.

Sift in the flour and baking soda. (It will be a very runny batter).

Spread over the brownie batter and spread it evenly to cover the dark layer. It should spread really easily.

Bake at the middle shelf for about 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Cool completely before unmoulding and slicing into bars.


Posted by Precious Moments @ 6:03 PM :: (10) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin