Friday, August 17, 2007

Good Friend's Day

This morning, I received a sms from a dear friend, A wishing me a Good Friend's Day. I never know such day existed till now. Nevertheless, it is the thought that she has been thinking about me that filled me with sweetness. Friends whom I have known since kindergarten days and still keep in touch constantly. They always tell me, "hey it is just a phone call away". There are also friends that I have known via the cyberworld. Through my blog, I have befriended many that sincerely touches my heart too. People like L whom I have not even met sent me two Wilton books. It is not the material stuff but the sincerity behind it that touches me whole heartedly. I have blogged about how friendship that went sour and how hurt I was before but lately my faith in cyber friendship has been renewed and strengthened by some really nice people that I met not too long ago. Like the saying goes "God is fair, he takes away the bad and blessed you with the good". How true this saying. I am truly blessed to get to know nice people lately especially K and A whom I befriended not too long ago, who so unconditionally share their "assets" that I just wanted to document it to remember how sweet these people have been to me. I am getting senile and would love to read about this just in case one day I really lost my memory. K who knows that I am into cupcake craze was so generous in sharing her numerous cupcake related recipe books. What touches me is that those books were a birthday present from her dear sister to her. It should be precious to her too. Just imagine, I don't even have a date due for these books. She trusted me so much as to hang on to them till I am fully satisfied in reading or perhaps even try out the recipes when I wanted to. A is another kind soul who shared with me her recipes that she acquired through her numerous years of learning from schools. Knowing that I cannot attend any classes due to my commitment to my kids, she shared with me those "paid" recipes unconditionally. I am really thankful as she has no negative thoughts about me in whatever ways. C, who is now into baking craze bought so many accessories and books too. Comments like "don't buy just get it from me". Such thoughts really touches my heart. P just sms to tell me that she got some cookies cutters which I believe she asked her sister in law to buy them for me. Am I being materialistic just because these friends shared their "assets"? No, because they were already very nice to me when I first know them. Their unbias opinion of me was what touches me and allows me to "disarm" my fences to allow them to enter into my heart. For the past two days I have been feeling under the weather. Perhaps it is the change in weather or perhaps I got the bug from my son. Now that I am feeling better, I wanted to use up the 4 blocks of cream cheease that K gave me. I decided to re-attempt Food Lover's Journey Black Sesames Cottony Cheesecake again. Partly this cake brought back sweet memories as it is one of the few cakes that I first started blogging. In fact, I actually done it last weekend, but due to the noise level in the kitchen (with my kids fussing around me). I forgotten to add in the flour till my cake was in the oven and I was washing up. Too late, the whole cake went from oven into the bin. Didn't want to waste my electricity bill and knowing that the outcome will be disasterous. So here I am again, Black Sesame Cottony Cheesecake that I have done. It wasn't as tall as I wanted, guess I lost touch with this cake but nevertheless, it is a really light cake that I love. What you need: 250g cream cheese 50g unsalted butter 100ml cream (35% milk fat) 60g cake flour 20g cornflour 6 egg yolks 1 tbsp lemon juice ¼ tsp salt 1 tbp black sesame powder 6 egg whites ¼ tsp cream of tartar 140g castor sugar 2-3 tbsp of fresh milk Method Preheat oven to 160 °C. Line and grease a 8” spring form cake pan. Melt cream cheese and butter over a double boiler. Whisk to combine. Set aside to cool. Add the cream and whisk to combine. Sift the cake flour and corn flour to the cheese mixture. Add in egg yolk, lemon juice, sesame powder and salt. Gently whisk to thoroughly combine all the ingredients. At this stage, if your mixture is a bit too stiff, add in 1-2 tbsp of milk. The mixture should be similar to your normal cake mixture. Whisk egg white with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar, tablespoon by tablespoon. Whisk until soft peak forms (don’t whip the egg white too stiff, the cake will be likely to crack). Add 1/3 of the eggwhite to the cheese mixture to lighten it. Then, gently but thoroughly fold the eggwhite to the cheese mixture. Be careful not to destroy all the air bubbles in the eggwhite. Gently pour into the prepared pan. Using foil, wrap the outside of the pan. Put the cake pan into a roasting pan. Add boiling water to half-way of the cake pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 10 min or until the cake is set. Cool in pan. ************************* Few weeks back, as our usual habit of ringing each other when we do our grocery shopping. H called asking me if I wanted anything, the thought of ricotta cheese came to my mind. As this is not easily available in any supermarket, I got H to get me a tub without even knowing how I am going to use it. So while doing my weekly read on my favourite bloggers list, I saw Tartelette's attempt on Marbled Ricotta Cheesecake Brownies. It sounded so delicious and best of all, I get to use my ricotta cheese, cream cheese and some leftover sour cream. Bravo! As what she said, it is hard to resist these ones. Wanted to dedicate these to all my friends who stood by me when I was at my lowest and believe in me and never doubted my integrity and sincerity. Happy Good Friend's Day! What you need: Cheesecake Batter: 250g ricotta cheese 150g cream cheese, room temperature ¼ cup castor sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 eggs 120g sour cream 2 tbsp all purpose flour Brownie Batter: 200g butter 300g bitter sweet chocolate 6 eggs 200g castor sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 150g plain flour pinch of salt Method Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line and greased a 13 X 9” pan with foil In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the cheesecake batter. Set aside. For the brownie: melt the butter and the chocolate together in a saucepan over low heat. Let cool a little. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale. Add the chocolate/butter and mix until combined. Add the flour and salt. Pour in the chocolate batter. Dot the cream cheese batter over it and with a toothpick or the tip of a knife swirl the batters around. Bake for 25-35 minutes. I took about 45 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin