Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Two more days to go

Since we moved here, hubby has been very kind to reduce his travelling because he knows that I am still not really comfortable with rural living.

Well, guess, the day had come that he can no longer indulge me with such privilege. He will be on the road again. This time round, much longer. Well, at least he will try to be a weekend dad and hubby.

Now I have to prepared myself mentality to be once again the daddy, mommy and everything to my kids.

Wanted to bake this sugee cake for the longest time but never really get to it. Wanted to try it partly because of my curiousity how this taste like. So here I am..... Sugee cake (shared by a forum member).

Thanks A! it is really nice except I don't know how come all my nuts and raisins disappeared to (wink) and indeed wasn't that sweet as I would have expected.

Photobucket Photobucket

Going to bring this to share with the rest of the parent volunteers in son's school tomorrow.

What you need

400 gm Semolina
280 ml Full cream UHT milk
60 ml water

Mix above ingredients together and stir till well mix then cover and soak for 1 hour.

375g butter
285g castor sugar
200g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
5 eggs, separate white and yolk
115g sugar (for the eggs white)
110g chopped mixed nuts (cashew and almond)
60g raisins,chopped

Method

Sieve flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 180°C , lined and greased a 10 inch square tin (I used 2 X 6” + a 9” sq tin)

Cream butter and sugar (285gm) till light and fluffy (do not over beat)

Add in egg yolks one at a time and mix well (high speed)

Add in the soaked semolina mixture and stir well (low speed or stirring speed)

Add in the sieved flours little by little (stirring speed)

Lastly add chopped nuts and raisins.

Whisk egg white and sugar (115gm) till stiff and fold them slowly with a wooden spoon or spatula into the flour mixture, stir till well combine.

Pour cake batter into prepared tin and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or till cooked.

Cool on rack.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin