Friday, July 20, 2007

So much to do so little left

I haven't been feeling well at all for nearly a whole week. First it was the eye infection which is still not recovering. The redness has subsided tremendously, the pain has mellowed alot but my eyes are still swollen and the blur vision is still here. Luckily the body ache banished after a couple of days and the fever no longer in sight. According to doctor, this is might be a viral and bacteria infection, if the symptom persist for a week, it might be herpes! Gee sounds scary isn't it? Trying another dose of medicine and hopefully it works this time. Still coping with that, I am down with flu like symptom. My throat was like having someone rubbing sand down my throat, starting a nasty dry cough and though tired but couldn't sleep. I feel so shitty. But my poor princess hasn't been easy for her too. Though she is up and running but her eyes redness still didn't go away completely. I don't think it is wise for her to be in school despite her wanting so much. I know she is getting really bored. After my parents dropped by this early morning to give me a dose of herbal drink. I felt much better. I sum up some strength and got her involved in making our little chocolate waffles for tea time. She had hers with macadamia nuts ice cream and for me, I just had it plain to keep her company. Photobucket Though I haven't much appetite lately, the wonderful smell of the chocolate waffles filling the kitchen was really nice and comforting I better find back my energy by tomorrow morning Photobucket Recipe adapted from Chocolate Holidays by Alice Medrich What you need:

3/4 cup plain flour
2 tbsp castor sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbsp butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence


Method

Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

Melt the butter over low heat and stir in the cocoa until smooth and hot. Gradually stir in the milk. Off the heat and whisk in the brown sugar and vanilla until the mixture is completely smooth.

Pour over the flour mixture and stir until the dry ingredients are completely moistened.

Preheat the waffle iron. Pour enough batter to fit the waffle maker.

Place the cooked waffles on a rack to cool.

Serve either with ice cream or plain.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin