Monday, July 09, 2007

Simply can't wait

I get to know P when we were working in the same company in 1990. When time permits, she will bring a delish plate of this awesome dessert to share with us. It was my first exposure to Pavlova and the image of that plate of dessert stays with me till now. 14 years ago, while backpacking, I saw this white rings (without the cream and fruits) in a Italy confectionery shop. My first reaction was "oh great". When on to buy a packet. It turned out to be brittle and extremely sweet, simply different from those I had before. I was ignorant to the world of dessert then. I didn't know how to really bake except the lessons that were conducted during my Home Economics days. Thankfully now, I am able to differentiate meringue and pavolva. *grin* After our "reunion", P said she will serve me this dessert when we next visit her on the boat as it needs to be serve immediately. I don't know when I can find time to visit her any sooner. So I just got to stop my craving ........ Pavolva ..... mmmmmm.... Photobucket Recipe adapted from here. What you need 2 egg whites 70g sugar 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar 1/2 tsp vanilla essence 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch Method Preheat oven to 175 degree C Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, vanilla essense and cornstarch to form a smooth paste. Pour cornstarch mixture into the egg white and beat until thick and glossy for about 4 mins. Divide portion into 4, spacing them about 3 cm apart. Place them on the middle shelf of the oven and lower heat to 100 degree C. Bake for 20 min and turn off heat and cool in oven. Garnish with whipped cream and fruits of your choice and serve immediately. **************** We had a simple dinner of Prawn Fried Rice today as I need to used up those leftover prawns from last weekend BBQ. Photobucket Labels: dessert, rice Posted by Precious Moments @ 7:44 PM :: (5) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin