Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Craze?

First we had bubble tea, then it was roti boy, followed up by muffins? and now the latest food fad in Singapore is the donuts. You can see so many donut shops springing out across the island. What happened to Dunkin Donuts? Bet they didn't expect such warm welcome even staying put in Singapore for many many years. To some, they hated it. To others, they love it. Sometime back, I have read about Krispy Kreme in one of the overseas food blog and the nearest available ones was in Manila. E was really sweet, he immediately sent his guy to queue for hours to get two boxes of such high demand goodies for me. Of course I thank Hubby for lugging back for me too. We walloped the whole box within mins. (the other box was given to a food pal who wanted to try it). Till then, I never stopped craving for it. When we were holidaying in Seoul last December, I saw someone bought that and went in pursue to locate it but unfortunately it was way too far for us to go. There goes my chance to satisfy my longing. Anyway, enough of my donut craze. A fellow blogger send me this recipe (as I am really lousy in surfing the net), I was so captivated by the picture that Krispy Kreme or not, I am going to try to make some. Photobucket Here to you A and Haalo, thanks for sending and sharing this with me. Indeed satisfy this hungry stomache of mine. What you need: 250g self-raising flour (I used cake flour) ¼ tsp baking powder 4 tbsp caster sugar 50g hazelnuts meal 50g melted butter ¼ tsp vanilla extract 5 tbsp milk, approximate Canola oil for frying extra caster sugar, for rolling Method Sift flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Add the crushed hazelnuts and stir to ensure it's well mixed and the nuts are evenly distributed. Stir vanilla extract into the melted butter and add to the dry ingredients. Keep stirring and adding the milk, a tablespoon at a time until the mixture starts to come together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until it's glossy but no longer sticky. (I used a hook beater) Roll out to about ½cm/0.2 inch thickness. Use a cutter to stamp out into your desired shape. You can cook this in batches - store, covered in the fridge and make sure the dough comes back to room temperature before using it. Heat oil to 150°C. It's really important to make sure you fry at the correct temperature - too high and they will burn and not cook all the way through, too low and they will soak up the oil. They will puff up as they cook, make sure you turn them in the oil so they are evenly browned and then drain them well on baking paper before tossing them through the caster sugar. Serve them straight away with the warm chocolate sauce (recipe at Haalo's blog) Posted by Precious Moments @ 4:17 PM :: (10) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin