Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Excuses excuses

I have been very lax in blogging these past weeks because I was sooooo lucky to chanced upon so many good books in the library! So have been a couch potato but hey not watching TV but reading up. An interest that had taken a back sit since the day I started playing FULL time mom.

My princess has been pestering me to bake cookies for I think at least 3 weeks. Horrible mom aren't I? It is always "another day baby" or "today is not the best day to bake cookies" or "sweet pea, mom is really tired".

Excuses excuses....... so the guilt was piling high .

My prince was dead tired and decided to sleep early so there is some private moments with my little girl. We got ourselves busy in the kitchen for this Bittersweet Decadence Cookies (Bittersweet by Alice Medrich), it is a really easy recipe but my little one was expecting a cookie dough that she could roll and cut with her Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter but guess I dissapointed her. She kept saying: "mommy, where is the dough? How come no dough?". Guess she remembered her hands on cookie making experiment in school.

As this is my first trying out this recipe, I was pretty surprise that the batter was pretty "liquid". I got worried for a seconds when after my little one scoop and place the batter onto the tray, it started to "glide" open but my worries was short lived because it just a few minutes, gosh the house was smelling soooooo great and the cookies was "blooming" into such a beauty ... and finally ..... tada.....

Photobucket

Thanks dearie for getting my butt off the chair.

What you need

1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
8oz bittersweet chocolate , coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups walnuts or pecans, chopped into chunks
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chunks

Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together thoroughly; set aside.

Melt 8oz of chocolate and the butter in a large heatproof bowl over simmering water, stir till smooth.

Remove set it aside.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together thoroughly.

Set the bowl over the simmering water and stir till the mixture is lukewarm.

Stir the eggs into the warm chocolate.

Stir in the flour and then the nuts and chocolate chunks.

With an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto the cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.

Cool on rack.

Labels: cookies Posted by Precious Moments @ 9:41 PM :: (3) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin