Sunday, April 08, 2007

Begining to see

As H never eaten Kimchi fried rice before, I invited H & her future hubby, R over for dinner. We had a long chat till 10ish and by the time I washed and cleaned up, it is nearly 11ish.

I was up early on a Easter Day morning as I couldn't sleep past 7ish. Nope, I didn't baked or prepare anything Eastery except my kids having some chocolate easter eggs.

Guess I wasn't really up to it.

Anyway, was reading the morning paper when I read this article about an 11 years old asking the column writer on how to bake a cake.

A good sign as I begin to notice that alot of young people (as young as this 11 year old) are begining to take an interest in cooking and baking unlike during my time, we kids are only interested in outdoor stuff.

I just bought a box of ice cream cone wanting to re-attempt the last failure that I had during my early blogging days. So I decided to use Chris Tan's Chocolate Cupcake as published on 8 April Sunday Times.

What you need

150g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp salt
150ml water
35g cocoa powder
170g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g castor sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.

Combine butter, salt and water and bring to a slow boil till butter melts.

Add cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.

Sift flour, baking powder.

Mix castor sugar into flour till well blended (about 1 min).

Add eggs and vanilla essence to the cooled cocoa mixture and beat util smooth.

Pour into flour mixture and whisk until smooth.

Spoon into 12 cupcake cone and bake for 22 - 25 mins.


Precious Moments @ 4:19 PM :: (3) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin