Saturday, March 03, 2007

The parties continue

Saturday, March 03, 2007 Our parties continue .... with a simple late breakfast gathering.

KC was really nice to stress that they can just nibble on all the Chinese New Year's goodies but how can a host just offer such considering the fact that I didn't bake a single item this year. So I decided to prepare some Pan Fried Radish Cake and Waterchestnut cake as snacks to serve with coffee and tea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

-------------------------

My mom wanted to do an early Yuan Qiao (last day of Lunar New Year) so I suggested it to be held at my place since I have already got food prepared for lunch.

Photobucket

My dry run of Nasi Lemak was successful so today I bravely did a bigger batch. Thanks G for the tips. Verdict: the first time, I used a steamer that resulted in nice and fluffy rice.

The second day I used a rice cooker, I find the rice more compact.

Photobucket

What you need (using a steamer)

4 cups of rice (rinsed and drained)
4 cups of coconut milk (I used med sized pkt Heng Guan coconut milk + water)
1 tsp of salt
4 knots of pandan leaves

Method

Steam till rice is cooked.

-------------------------------

I also did a Grilled Tumeric Chicken. Next round, I will do chicken wings instead as the guests were too shy to help themselves freely. Hubby suspect it is because there are other main course such as roast duck and roast pork to go with it.

Photobucket

Nevertheless, this tasted good. Thanks G and P for sharing this. I have modified it slightly.

What you need

6 pieces of Chicken Thigh(whole)
1 tbsp tumeric powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
50ml extra virgin olive oil

Method

Blend together the seasonings in a zip lock bag.

Add in chicken and toss till all seasonings covers. Marinate over night in the fridge.

Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius and grill chicken for 15 to 20 mins.

Turned it over and continue for another 10 mins till golden brown.

Serve immediately.

Posted by Precious Moments @ 7:13 PM :: (4) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin