Thursday, March 08, 2007

It is my turn....

After nursing my princess for a good one week, she was finally well and strong enough to be back in school but .......... mommy is down and out.

Wasn't feeling great in the morning but I didn't expect to take a turn for the worst. I was struggling to drive home after picking up the kids from school.

My whole body is like breaking a part. Every inch of my body is screaming. Chinese believes that we got to sweat it out but no matter how many layers of blanket I piled onto myself, I just couldn't.

Didn't help when my kids disappeared from the house. I couldn't rest worrying where they went gallivanting again with the neighbour's kid.

After all, we are still very new to the neighbourhood. That is the sad part about this "job", you can't take medical leave.

Enough of ranting and back to food, we have plenty of mandarin oranges leftover from the Lunar New Year and I have been scouting around for a recipe that I can used up as many as possible.

So here is my Mandarin Orange Sorbet. Enjoy.

Photobucket

What you need:

100g caster sugar
250ml water
2 small sticks cinnamon
250ml mandarin orange juice
2 tbsp Cointreau

Method (without an ice cream machine)

Place the sugar, cinnamon and water in a saucepan over a moderate heat, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-15 min.

The syrup should turned golden in colour.

Cool the pan in ice water bath, stirring till the syrup thickens.

Before it cools completely, add Cointreau and orange juice; then strain the liquid over a sieve into a freezer proof bowl.

Chill for 2 hours, take it out and whisk and re-chill for another 2 hours. (best over night).

Serve with a sprig of mint.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin