Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Did you .....

miss me? heheheheee.... just kidding. Seems like it has been ages since I stepped into a kitchen to prepare a decent meal or to bake something.

I have been craving and my hands have been itching to bake something but we have been so overwhelmed by this house move that both hubby and I lost quite a few kilos along the way. Bravo!

We have been clocking in around 12 hours daily, frantically trying to place anything in order for this Chinese New Year. Yes, this is the FIRST time in 14 years that we will be opening up our house for Chinese New Year celebration!

Feel kind of strange last weekend when we went to the supermarket to buy goodies for the guests. We were both clueless what else we need to get.

Anyway, I was feeling the stress having to rub shoulders with the rest of the shoppers.

The urge to bake was strong so I decided to venture into my kitchen and did some exploration. Heeeheee.... this is what I churned out.

Unfortunately I think I overbaked this Brownie Muffin as I was in the shower and hubby was helping me to "watch over" it. Am I losing touch? hmmmmmm........

Photobucket

(source : recipe from Stefanie Chao)

What you need

125g butter
150g 70% Lindt chocolate
200g brown sugar
pinch of salt
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp rum, Tia Maria,Baileys or Kahlua
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g plain flour
3 tsp cocoa powder
chocolate chips for scattering

Method

Melt butter and chocolate over simmering bowl of water, still till a smooth paste.

Stir in salt and sugar.

Add vanilla, eggs and rum, beat lightly to mix.

Preheat oven to 180C.

Sift in rising agents, flour and cocoa, stir to combine.

Scatter 1 tsp chocolate chips in your liners, then half fill with the batter. Do not be tempted to fill more!

Scatter 1 tsp more chocolate chips overtop and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until risen,springy and an inserted toothpick comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.

If there is wet batter, bake a while more but monitor closely.

Cool on rake and serve just a little warm.

by Precious Moments @ 10:11 PM :: (0) comments
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin