Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Shut that noise

For those who have kids, just wondering how do you shut your brain up and not listen to those constant bickering among your kids?

As much as I wanted to ignore and pretend that I am the ONLY ONE at home, I just couldn't be cool dude anymore. It is like once they opened up their eyes, they have to sought out each other to bicker over the slightest and most unimportant stuff.

Just imagine, who gets to press the button in the lift, who gets to sit in the front seat, who gets to stand in front of the lift door!! Despite threatening to remove privileges, none works.

As my younger one is getting more vocal and the older one is getting more insecure (I reckon). I am dreading the school holiday now. Help! can't imagine how my 6 weeks are going to be like!!!!

Enough of ranting about my unpeaceful mind.

Stew Beef brings back memories for me. Those were the days when we were childless, having to dine out every single day and night. This stew will be our alternative. Thinking back, how come I discovered my passion for cooking earlier then we don't have to subject ourself to overdose of MSG.


What you need

1 celery stick, diced
1 clove garlic, sliced
2 tomato, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 big onion, diced
750g beef sheen, cubed
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
salt and pepper
3/4 red wine
2 cups beef stock
1 tbsp tomato paste

Method

Gently fry onion till fragrant.

Add garlic, vegetables and cook for a further few mins.

Add meat, marjoram, salt and pepper to taste.

Cook, stirring frequently for 2 mins.

Add the wine, bring to the boil and simmer until reduced by half.

Add beef stock and tomate paste. Cover and cook very gently for 3 to 4 hours until meat is tender and sauce is thick.

Stir occassionally.

Serve hot with rice or potatoes.
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Edith, I've been looking for a stew beef recipe for the longest time. Is it possible for you to share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's the beef shin u used. This part is great for stews, not too soft and a little chewy in certain parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That stew looks delicious! I can empathise with you about noisy kids. Although I have only one son, he can't stop yapping and with no one else to 'argue' with, I'm the next best thing. I, too, tremble at long school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, give me a day to type out the recipe.

    Audrey, this is my first time using shin. I saw how my neighbour used it for her stew so I follow that too. *wink*

    Ms Swephisticated, i am definitely not looking forward to that 6 weeks long holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beef stew looks yummy!

    Oh man, what I have to look forward to! Evy now is already very talkative and want to be a little helper in everything I do already!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beef stew looks yummy!

    Oh man, what I have to look forward to! Evy now is already very talkative and want to be a little helper in everything I do already!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. waa, this beef stew looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edith, thanks for the recipe, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edith, your last post mention on crochet. where are you going to learn crochet? I m interested to learn too, if it is not ex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hanushi, I already have some basic so I am able to read patterns. I learnt from my mom when I was young.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin