Monday, November 06, 2006

Life is so unpredictable

Last weekend was a busy weekend for me. My son went for his FIRST Confession and I am proud of him for accomplishing this milestone.

My daughter just finished her FIRST concert and she did great at it too. Since my parents got back from their holiday, I didn't managed to visit due to the exam fever.

Finally get to see my parents after nearly a month and also nice to catch up with my happy go lucky uncle who shared so many funny encounters he had while at work.

We definitely had a good laugh and finished the day with a yummy take away dinner from a resturant that is famous for its claypot varieties near my parents' home. So much nice happenings for a busy weekend but we also received a tormenting news that it took us afew hours of indecisive decision.

We were all geared up to be on the move and suddenly received the news that we won't be at the time line given. There I wasn't wanting a FIXED date so that I can start planning and making preparation as there are hundreds and one thing happening this month and next. I hate last minutes.

As I am an easily stressed person, I like my life to be in order and on schedule. Guess you might say I am not adventurous at all or even boring.

Anyway, we were all pepped up for the change and suddenly a letter in the mailbox informed us of this uncertaintly. Darn, another waiting game begins.

We were blessed in certain aspect that our commitment can be reversed. I really pity my neighbours right now. Anyway, life is really unpredictable, guess too much planning will only disappoints you further. Such is life. sigh.

Today too caught up with doctors' appointments for my two kids so needed to do a quick dinner again. Inspired by what we had for lunch at L's place a few weeks back.

I modified it and turned it into Pan fried Miso Fish with dual sesame.

My family love it.

Photobucket

What you need

3 fish fillets
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp castor sugar
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 eggs (beaten) plain flour
breadcrumb
White sesame seeds
black sesame seeds

Method

Mix seasonings well and coat fillets well. Rest in fridge for 1/2 to 1 hour.

Coat fillet with plain flour, egg wash, breadcrumb, sesame seeds in respective order.

Pan fried till golden brown.

Serve hot with salad and potatoes.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Interesting sesame crust, must be very fragrant! Hope the waiting will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things go well for you and your family Edith! BTW, the pan-fried miso fish fillets look really yummy! Have you tried this with tofu? :) I have tried it before - quite adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. edith, this looks so good!! i shall try out this weekend. :)

    Yep, totally agree with angie, hope the waiting will be over soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin