Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Getting confident

After a successful round of bread making the last time, I would say that I am now more confident in handling bread making so back to the cyber world to seek out more recipes.

This was shared by bobopun. I thought it is pretty unique to name this as Coin Bread, 金钱面包. The method of assembling seems as though we are into cookies making. So decided to give this a try. Of course hers was so much prettier than mine but I have no complaints as it turned out nice and fluffy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The dough is meant for 2 pie dishes as my oven only fits one pie dish and I didn't want to bake it in two batches. By chance, I discovered I had a loaf tin sitting quiety in my cabinet the other day. So I turned the remaining dough into a Cheese Bread instead.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am so happy with the results. Guess practise makes perfect. Not that mine was perfect but at least it is presentable enough and edible enough to have a second helpings.

Next on my list, my Cream Cheese Bun that I have failed in my previous attempts. Wish me luck.

What you need

300 g Bread flour
300 g Cake flour
10 g Active dry yeast
6 g Salt
250 g Milk
2 pcs Eggs
120 g Sugar, fine
100 g Butter

Methods

Preheat oven to 180 degree.

Mix all the ingredients in the mixer using a hook beater.

Knead until gluten is fully developed and the dough is elastic, smooth, non-sticky and leave from sides of mixing bowl. Cover with a damp towel and allow the dough to ferment until double in bulk (approx 60 mins)

Take out the dough and punched out the gas. Let rest for about 15 minutes.

Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2cm. Divide the dough into small pieces with a round cookie cutter. Try to divide the dough as even as possible, so that the bread won't come out some part burnt while other part are not even cooked.

Arrange them in two 10 inch pie pans. Brush the top with whole egg mixture and rest for about 15 minutes.

Bake for about 10-12 minutes.

If desired, dip the bread with maple syrup, condensed milk, or chocolate sauce, or simply just with milk.
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. CHEESE!! Haiyo, my favourite lei!! And i love cheese breads... throw some here!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see you being addictive (if not eat will be baking)!
    They all look so professtional Edith! Very true, practise makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made bread in a while. Thanks for re-inspiring me. Btws, your bread resemble cotton balls. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals! I am happy that my bread is finally love by my family but I still need to improve on shaping them.

    If you gals are baking, would appreciate pictures on how to shape those soft dough at your blogs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you made those little yummies yourself? I salute you. Looks very soft and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These breads are fantastic! I've made them over the weekend. My children loves them. Luckily you translate the recipe in your blog, otherwise I won't be able to make it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rasa Malaysia, I am not good at bread making. But this recipe is easy enough.

    Thanks Piccola.

    Delia, glad that you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you made those little yummies yourself? I salute you. Looks very soft and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These breads are fantastic! I've made them over the weekend. My children loves them. Luckily you translate the recipe in your blog, otherwise I won't be able to make it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin