Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Where is the sunshine?

Been feeling lethargic, the haze in Singapore is getting bad. In fact, I dare not even opened up the window for fresh air.

Last night, my girl was coughing badly so no school for her today. After a sleepless night of being with her, my body is exhausted but my mind is active and I couldn't lie in bed.

Last night, I arranged with a kind parent to stand in for me today on my voluntary work as my boy will not be having his Speech & Drama lesson.

Talking about good timing and bad timing. sigh

Anyway, after tasting L's, I made some lemon curd yesterday and am planning to bake a tart with it. Then I realised that I need a removable tart tin!!!

Wanting to get a removable tart tin since the day I think I can bake with a little more confident but with 3 glass pie dishes stacking in my cabinet, I am not sure adding another do justice. So I am still thinking.......... I would love to have small removable tart tins instead ....... I have yet to see them available here.

So in the meantime, this lemon curd is going into the fridge till I decided what to do with it.

Photobucket

What you need

114g unsalted butter
200g sugar
172ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
grated zest of 3 lemons
3 eggs, beaten

Method

Place the butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a microwaveable bowl.

Cook, uncovered, on High for 2 mins till butter is melted. Pause every min and stir.

Allow to cool for about 2 mins.

Strain beaten eggs into the butter mixture, whisking constantly.

Return mixture to microwave and cook on High for a further 6 - 8 mins, whisking vigorously every min till the curd thickens.

Pour at once into warmed airtight jars, allow to cool and store into fridge.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin