Friday, October 27, 2006

Where have I gone wrong?

I was craving for something chocolatey and saw a recipe that mentioned a basic moist and delicious cake. This tempted me to give it a try as it looks really easy and definitely won't require me to spend more than half hour getting the cake into the oven. Went about it merrily but with a nagging thought why the amount of liquid is so different from the other recipes that I tried and read before. The final batter was really runny, I added some banana to give it more flavour. Imagine chocolate and banana, this won't go wrong right? Anyway, it didn't mentioned how long I should bake it for so I went by instinct. I am very sure it is cooked as the skewer came out clean. The result was disappointing as the texture is very much kueh like. It does promised moist but somehow the texture isn't a cake. It is more kueh like. Gee how do I explain kueh texture? I don't know where I have gone wrong. Over beating, over mixing or was it that I have cut down the sugar by half that resulted in this? Now I am still craving for a nice chocolatey cake :( Photobucket I am posting this recipe so that perhaps someone can throw some lights to my mistake. Greatly appreciated. What you need 1 cup water 1 cup castor sugar 125g butter 1/6 cup cocoa powder 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda 1.5 cup self raising flour (sifted) 2 eggs slightly beaten (70g) 4 small bananas (cut to cubes) Method Preheat oven to 180 degree. Melt butter, water, sugar and cocoa powder in a large microwavable bowl for 2 minutes on high with 30 second intervals for stirring. Beat till smooth and well combined. Add in sifted bicarbonate of soda, flour and eggs. Alternating in 3 portions. Beat with a mixer on high till smooth, pale and well incorporated. Add in bananas. Bake for 20 - 25 mins till skewer comes out clean.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edith
    Maybe too much water. I remember joelsally posting her american choco cake recipe using 140 gm flour uses only 130 gm water and 35 gm cocoa powder. I've ever done her cake and it's a good choco cake. If you add bananas to it, this will definely make it a moist cake.

    hth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin