Saturday, October 28, 2006

This is so nice

Though I know tofu is a really good in protein, I am very selective with tofu. I love egg tofu, steam tofu but I am not a big fan of tau kwa, tau pok or firm tofu.

Perhaps it is the way they processed it. Anyway, I read an article from Food Lover's Journey and her Five-Spice Tofu with Lemongrass Topping definitely attracted me because I love five spice powder and lemongrass!!!! hehehehhee.

Got two blocks of tofu two days ago, supposedly to have it on that very day but I had other menu on mind.

To cut my story short, I finally done this today and I am going to be a firm tofu lover from now on. This is soooooo good. Thanks WhItE_PoPlAr for this great recipe!

Photobucket

What you need

2 cake of firm tofu
5 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp plain flour
½ tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
½ tsp salt
Oil for shallow frying
3 stalks of lemongrass, minced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small red chilli, minced

For toppings

1 tsp five spice powder
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp white pepper

Method

Cut the tofu into 4 portion each block.

Combine the flour, five-spice powder and salt together in a large plate.

Coat the tofu well with the flour mixture.

Heat oil in a non-stick pan till hot, then shallow fry the tofu till golden brown. Set aside, keep warm in a low oven.

For the topping, heat extra oil in the pan till hot.

Fry the minced lemongrass, garlic and chilli for about 1-2 mins, until tender and fragrant.

Season with five spice powder and pepper.

Spread the mixture on top of fried tofu and serve hot with a dash of fish sauce.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. this tofu looks good! Think when I've the time, will do it! thanks edith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith,

    Glad you like this dish! :)

    BTW, you changed my gender to male lah... :D :D :D I am just a Vietnamese gal not a Vietnamese boy leh! :P But nevermind. Something to laugh freely about anyway!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice~ I'll give it a try and show you what i did. =) Usually i'm never able to replicate them, mine always look ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, take it easy.

    White_poplar, *blush blush* sorry. i will amend it as blogspot seems to be having tech problem.

    Piccola, please do. Be gentle when you are frying it. You should be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edith, this looks like a great recipe. Thanks for sharing it. Thank you White Poplar too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith, this looks like a great recipe. Thanks for sharing it. Thank you White Poplar too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin