Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Taking a break from ....

... cuppies. Though I enjoyed baking and "dressing 'em", now it is time to take a break for a day or two before I embarked onto another project.

Been craving for Salted Fish Head Soup with Dried Vegetable for quite some time. I think it has been a decade or even more since I last had this. I remembered how my granny used to make this soup. Her friend who sells Salted Fish used to call her up to pick up a head or two and I will follow my granny to her stall. I will see huge salted fish hanging upside down in her shop. Guess I was too young to notice the stench that it gives off. Back home, granny will whip up this delicious soup for us. How I missed those days.

With the absence of such shop, I only managed to get them in packet form. Nevetheless, the house was filled with the aroma of this soup while brewing. Can't wait to have a bowl.


I found a packet of dried mango in the fridge, courtesy from Ly. I used to love this but once, my son's goddad gave us so many that I guess despite giving most away, my liking for this stopped.

Verdict: Really delicious and with the added cucumber, it gives a nice crunch.

Photobucket

What you need

2-3 cups cooked rice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground clovel
1/2 tps ground cinnamon
50g dried mango slices, chopped into small pieces
1/3 cup raisin
1 Japanese cucumber, diced
1 dash of fish sauce
1 dash of pepper
200g minced pork
A bit of water

Method

Heat wok and add oil. Sautee onion till soft and then add garlic, ground clove and ground cinnamon, fry till fragrant

Add minced pork and stir till cooked

Add a little bit of water to meat mixture

Sprinkle a bit of pepper and fish sauce and stir well

Add cooked rice, blend well with ingredients.

Add raisins , dried mango and cucumber, stir till well distributed and let the rice cook further

Serve hot.
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, this soup I haven't tried but sounds really good. I know of salted fish and tofu soup or dried vegetable with dried cuttlefish soup but this combination should be worth a try. Hmmm again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, very colourful rice! Simply appetising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love tiny sweet tidbits in fried rice, like raisins. Now dried mango, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup sounds good =) but now still got salted fish head selling in market??
    I love dry mango =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin