Monday, October 16, 2006

Stressing out

Spent the WHOLE day coaching my dear son in his Chinese. It is such a torture seeing him doing it and me a torture coaching him too.

I wish I wish there is a simpler way but hey I tried many other methods but none worked!!! So back to the traditional way of drilling him to write. Strangely it seems so important for him to pass this subject in primary level.

When I was told how the kids are being assessed in their PSLE, I was totally shocked. I thought the relevant authority has relax the requirement for this language but I was totally wrong.

What to do? I become the typical Kiasu mommy like the rest. I can only pity my baby but mommy really got no other choice. During our time out period, saw E online and she gave me an idea how to prepare my chicken as I was completely brain dead by then.

Keyed in the "lemon chicken" and I just briefly browse through the FIRST recipe that blinked on the screen. Rushed to the kitchen and began my the other "job".

I should call this a fusion marination as I have already added the Asian marinating sauces to it. But hey, this turned out fabulous.

My son and hubby both thinks so too. I don't really think it is lemon chicken but I have no clue how else to name it. Any suggestions?

Photobucket

What you need

Chicken parts
soya sauce
sesame oil
pepper
parika
lemon juice

Sauce:

lemon juice, a little sugar, salt and pepper, shallots and water.

Method

Marinate chicken with soya sauce, sesame oil, pepper, parika and lemon juice. This will taste even better if you leave it an hour or so.

Heat wok and pan fried till golden brown. Remove.

For the sauce, heat wok and sautee the shallots till light golden.

Add in lemon juice, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.

Thicken with cornstarch if preferred.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Oh it looks so good! I can almost smell the burnt soy sauce!
    Btw, I think you can use muffin pan for the pumpkin pie. Just be careful when you remove it from the pan though. Wait until it's cool and firm enough to be turned upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith, juicy-looking chicken. Hope the exam period will be over soon, then both of you can de-stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks so good! I can almost smell the burnt soy sauce!
    Btw, I think you can use muffin pan for the pumpkin pie. Just be careful when you remove it from the pan though. Wait until it's cool and firm enough to be turned upside down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin