Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Let's see how this turn out

I have read many Cocoa Cola Spare Rib recipes and saw different ways of preparing it.

Today, I attempted one that was shared by a member in a forum that I visits. Hers is very much like the 123 spare ribs that my mom taught me.

Thanks M. Since I am familar with the latter method and have no time for trials or errors, I chose this as our main for dinner.

Photobucket

What you need

600 spare ribs
¾ can of coca cola (regular)
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 slices of gingers (julienne thinly)
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1/2 cup water Red chillies (julienne thinly)

Method

Marinate the spare ribs with coca cola for ½ hour

Stir fry the ginger strips in 2 tbsp of oil till fragrant.

Add in the spare ribs and cook till half cooked.

Boil remaining coca cola in a pot and add in the spare ribs.

Add in light and dark soya sauce.

Boil till spare ribs is tender and little sauce is left (at low/med heat)

Garnish with chillies.

********************************

Was down in the supermarket today and saw this old man busy picking up this. In the past, I always wonder how to prepare this. So today, the opportunity to know more. I chatted up with this old man and he told me that this plant is for brewing a kind of herbal drink that is good for "cooling" the body.

Guess it is good to drink now as the weather has become horribly warm and humid. The haze is still looming over us and I think it is making me miserable.

A relatively easy way. Just washed and cleaned, add to a pot of water, bring to a furious boil. Add "black" sugar, boil further and voila.

Photobucket Anyone know what is the name for this?
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. hi there! thanks for stopping by my blog. your spare ribs look SO delicious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coke spare ribs look so yummy! When I made this, it's delicious but rather dry. How did you make it so juicy? Did you make a separate sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. waa edith! the spare ribs looks delish! Is it Okay to use pork chop with bone in instead? hubby dun like spare ribs lei...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mycoffee, I have modified the recipe by adding water during the "boiling" stage.

    gracio, personally I find that this taste better with some fats to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes mdm! Oke, prob will do a small portion, let dh eat the gravy. Haha! :P Thanks for the recipe, edith! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mycoffee, I have modified the recipe by adding water during the "boiling" stage.

    gracio, personally I find that this taste better with some fats to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there! thanks for stopping by my blog. your spare ribs look SO delicious. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin