Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just had to do it

I am getting restless, sitting all day long facing my dear son. Been doing that for nearly a week or two and it is driving me crazy.

Since hubby is leaving town again, the thought of handling this alone scares me even though only for 2 days. So have to destress before he leaves.

I bought a silicon mini bundt pan not too long ago and had been finding opportunity to use it. So tonight is the night. Got out my pile of "to do" and was looking through it before I settled down for this Cream Cheese Pound Cake as I have all the ingredients.

This was challenging for me as it is my first trying my hand at pound cake and though traditionally, I know it is one pound of each of the major ingriedents I really had no idea how the texture should be besides the Sara Lee Cake (used to be my favourite till I had too much of them).

The result was disappointing as I have reduced too much sugar. The cake though nice, it was bland.

My remedy to it was to topped it off with chocolate sauce to make it Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Chocolate Sauce.

Phew, guess this saves my cake!

Photobucket

Talking about inexperience, the recipe yield a lot of batter for my six mini bundt pan. So modified another batch into dual colour pound cake and added some canned cherries to make it Dual flavours Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake.

This idea of creating dual colour came from My Kitchen My Laboratory, suddenly flashed to me during my "lost" moment. Thanks so much! Guess blog reading is good for me.
Photobucket

What you need

6 eggs
225g butter
150g sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
8oz cream cheese
450g cake flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

Method

Preheat oven to 180 °C.

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt

Cream butter and cream cheese till smooth and light

Add the sugar, vanilla essence and lemon zest.

Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add the dry ingredients and mix till combined

Spoon the batter into mini bundt pan and bake for 20 to 25 mins.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. Arh... Edith, I love that bundt pan design, the mini size makes it so dainty-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! I love the design too!:)

    the pound cake with choc sauce makes me feel like eating them fr the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! looks great! I've always wanted to buy a bundt pan...now I feel like I must get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you did it again... your cakes look so adorable!!! And those solutions for rescue turn out to be another beauty! You're so clever Edith!
    The sugar still looks low (to me) in the recipe though. Sugar actually has another function - tenderize the structure. But I know, sometimes I seen how much the original supposed to use I almost have heart-attack *lol*
    Edith, hope you "survive" well on that two days, please don't worry too much huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wa-ow! pound cakes & the choc sauce! makes me drool in front of the com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *blush blush* thanks for the kind comments.

    Gattina, guess for pound cakes, I will have to increase the sugar. Roughly what is the min I can go? Being Asian, especially in my family, our sugar tolerance is low.

    Thanks for your thoughts too. Apparently God make women much stronger than we thought. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wa-ow! pound cakes & the choc sauce! makes me drool in front of the com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. me too! I love the design too!:)

    the pound cake with choc sauce makes me feel like eating them fr the screen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin