Thursday, October 05, 2006

Chocolate Moonies anyone?

Chocolate mooncake? Never heard of and never tasted one either.

Courtesy from L, I was able to enjoyed a Baked Chocolate Mooncakes not too long ago. Yes, baked chocolate.

Cool isn't it? It was awesome but I doubt that I have the capability to reproduce them. :( Then last week or so, I have yet another honour of tasting another variety.

A crystal skin version (ping pei). It was good too. This one looks easy for me to attempt. So here I am, on the eve of Mooncake Festival, rolling and banging away to produce this little cuties that is called Chocolate Snowskin Moonies.

I added a dash of cognac to make it "untouchable" for the kids. I guess my skill is still not good as I think I didn't roll the filling compact enough.

Nevertheless, this is still good. Try it.

Source: Phoon Huat

Photobucket

What you need for dough

100ml water
30ml cognac
70g brown sugar
40g melted bitter couverture chocolate (melted)
10g cocoa powder
10g chocolate emulco
20g shortening
60g kou fen (fried glutinous rice)

Method for skin

Heat water in microwave for about 20 - 30 sec with brown sugar.

Add in melted chocolate, cocoa powder and emulco. Mix well.

Blend shortening and kou fen till well mixed.

Add kou fen mixture into chocolate mixture and knead well. Rest the dough for half hour.

Divide dough into required weight and wrap with filling.

Press into mould and chill a little before serving.

What you need for filling

300g white lotus paste
60g couverture chocolate (melted)
1/2 tsp chocolate emulco

Method for filling

Mix all ingredients together.

Divide into required weight and roll into balls.
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Edith, these look very chocolate and rich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great! Where can I find the recipe? I don't live in asian :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I thought I've seen everything!
    Then again, anything chocolate is bound to be good. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edith,
    The texture looks like sinful brownies, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow nice..is the PH recipe the same one on ginny's blog??? would u mind sharing the fish recipe?? thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy moonie cake festival to u edith! Have a great night! :) *hugz*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin