Wednesday, September 13, 2006

wannabe

Though not listed as a healthy food, once awhile, my family will indulge ourselves. So for tonight's dinner, I wanted to replicate the taste of Char Kway Teow but instead of using kway teow (flat noodle), I decided to use bee hoon as an alternative. Very often, I asked myself why can't Singapore manufacture these kway teow with much lesser oil. I have tried those available in Vietnam and it was wonderful. This is my first time buying chinese sausages. I always shunned away from them because of the high fats content. I am very selective in chinese sausages and only eat those that are lean and has that "wine" taste in them. Anyway, I chanced upon something similar in a supermarket and decided to give it a try. Verdict, good and at a reasonable price. The result of my dinner, I was so close to creating Char Bee Hoon with a Kway Teow taste. *wink* Photobucket
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of using bee hoon before. Good idea!

    Coincidentally, I made char kway teow on Monday since the husband is out of town. I used dried kway teow from Vietnam. I wonder if that's what you're referring to? I don't make this dish very often, only when the craving strikes. Like you, I'm worried about the artery clogging lup cheong(chinese sausage) and general oiliness of the dish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. A little note sends a thousand encouragements.

Do leave a name rather than anonymous ID.



Let's learn and share together.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin